OK whats this WEEKEND NAILS thing??!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont offer them BUT i do have a client that requests them so i have a stock in for her. I charge £12 and it takes about 20 mins to do them. They stay on her for about 3 weeks!!

Hi guys thanks for all your feedback and guess what ?
I had a lady came in yday after a set of weekenders:)!
Shes a hardwork hands kinda chik (horses involved!!!) and was going away for a weeks hols!
Anyway she had seriously strong nails (short) sssoooo I talked her into the spa mani , shaped buffed and polished what was already there and boy was she chuffed!!!!
She'll get far more long term from this rather than a set of weekenders and will hopefully become one of my regulars to condition her poor battered mitts on a regular basis!!!
I'm hoping this strategy will work on the large horsey crowd that all come into the salon!!
Thats my plan anyway - I can but try and if all else fails weekenders it is!!!!:lol:
Just 1 thing though - if I do the w/n thing do I fully glue them on and tell clients to soak them off or do they have those sticky tab things to keep them on?
btw I'm on about the whole nail type not the tip/clear polish method!
Thanks again y'all!
Jayneym xxx

im just finishing my traing and fiberglass nails are known as weekend nails as they dont last very long and are easy to take off brill for people in jobs not suited or allowed to wear nails

im just finishing my traing and fiberglass nails are known as weekend nails as they dont last very long and are easy to take off brill for people in jobs not suited or allowed to wear nails

I don't think fibreglass users will agree with what you've been told! When applied properly they last just as long as any other system. They are not ideal for those who are heavy on their nails or who want them long.

Not sure what you mean by 'not allowed to wear nails'? If you mean people whose nails must look natural than that applies to every system as any system can look natural. They don't have to be pink and whites.

I use 'weekend' nails often in my work. But they are just blended tips with a thin layer of resin. A proper F/G set are much tougher than that.

i agree with jovirocks, when i did training in fibreglass/silk i was told they were weekend nails too and i have to say when i tryed them i could see why!! Out of the three systems i would say fibreglass/silk is defo the weakest and no longer even use it! As for the weekend nails jayneym is asking about i havent heard of them and to be honest dont like the sound of them. If your looking for quicker way to do a full set i would recommend popits you can buy them from sweet squared

How do you apply them, what are the exact steps etc and products used, just heard about them and i am interested they sound good for the clients I have who cant have nails on for a long period of time due to there profession xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I have started doing what i call "ocassion" nails. Basically white tips and then a very glossy top coat. They are ideal for girls going to proms as sometimes mums don't want their girls having full ehancements. Or for women such as nurses who want nice nails for say a wedding but have to have them removed ready for work. Lots of women can't wear enhancements because of their jobs so this way they can have long glamorous nails if only for that special ocassion.

Hi
I dont do them anymore but this is how I used to do them using The Edge products
1.prep nail
2.Apply tip and cut to size
3.1 coat of resin and let air dry x2
4. spray with activater
5. shape and buff

HTH

I do something simular called dashing diva its brilliant. I did it as a break out session at the event and it well worth getting in for weddings, proms. A white tip is applied on top of the natural nail ( not used as an extention ) and then you apply a base and top coat, dries in seconds, last about 10 days and you just wipe off with acetone

Is there a brand over there called "Prescription Nails"? That is what I use for w/e nails and they are wonderful! Actually, they will stay on two weeks. They are a full coverage nail, but they come in different widths, c-curves and arches--so that is where the "prescription" comes in. The kit has the ph bonder, gel resin, and a skin protectant for use during application. And because they are so personalized they look like any other enhancement. Out of $15 worth of materials I can do 30 sets of nails at about 20 minutes of work and charge $15 a pop. If you want me to soak them off (in which I give you a mini mani) it will cost you another $15, but if you want to soak them off yourself, I offer a kit with instructions that will soak off at least 3 sets. for $12.

I have seen those offered here in my town as well. I suppose it depends what is in demand, a lot of people can't wear nail enhancements due their job and might have a special occasion coming up , so that makes these types of nails ideal.

Clients who buy their nails from the chemist will pay up to €15 for a set, but then don't put them on properly and find they don't last the night, whereas sets there are put on by a nail tech will usually last the night so I think they are a great service to offer . :D

salon serve also sell some, dont think they are too expensive either. around £2-£3

i don't know if i'm convinced, I'm on the fence with this one. Surely they are causing trauma to the natural nail when they come off how could they not? And how can they look lovely, if it's the stick on nails i think they look awful. :eek:

Does anyone have any pics of ones they've applied?

These sound like what were referred to on my courses as 'Party Tips'. Trainer said people usually had them for a weekend or special occasion but they would last longer.

It's effectively the extension part without the l&p or gel overlay. Natural tip thats blended and can then be painted.

In 17 years in nails I have never heard of Fibreglass nails as weekend nails!!

50% of my nail enhancement clients wear Fibreglass. I agree they are not as strong as L&P. But they are still strong, light and very popular.

how do you apply the weekend nails and what are the steps ? as im quite interested in noing this x

i don't know if i'm convinced, I'm on the fence with this one. Surely they are causing trauma to the natural nail when they come off how could they not? And how can they look lovely, if it's the stick on nails i think they look awful. :eek:

Does anyone have any pics of ones they've applied?
i know loads of techs that offer these treatments or "party nails" but like northen nails im unsure of weither they would cause damage to the natural nail if the client were to catch them on something and rip them off. im not critising anyone im just looking for more information as from reading through the thread my understanding is that they are only being secured by glue and a thin layer of gel or top coat.

Latest posts

Back