Older clients - trouble with lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathie!

Reaction score
I have a couple of older ladies 65-70 who love their new enhancements. I sent them away from the salon armeed with aftercare leaflets and oil.

To my distress when they returned for their rebalance appointments their enhancements had lifted from the cuticle in a v shape heading towards the side wall and literally to the smile line (is there a technical term for this?!). The product was also very dry and brittle where the lifting had happeded - I'm using EZ Flow l&p).

They assure me that they wear gloves, use their oil and do not mess about with their enhancements etc etc etc.

I used all the same prep procedures and application technique I always use and cannot understand why this has happened.

Does the fact that they are older have a bearing on this problem or am I going wrong somewhere?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Hiya!

I have that problem with my mum but shes only 48. Shes just come back from Menorca today and the lifting is terrible. I did her nails 11 days ago so i was expecting lifting but not this much.
Its mostly next to the lateral folds but thers a bit near the cuticle too. She took her solar oil with her and used it twice a day. i thought swimming might have made it worse but this has happened every time i have done them on her.
I made sure i was meticulous with my prep, thanks to the helpful threads on here ;) , so im wondering if its my mix ratio. if its not that could there be anything else causing this?
she has really dry hands too.
thanx!

nails@42ndstreet said:
I have a couple of older ladies 65-70 who love their new enhancements. I sent them away from the salon armeed with aftercare leaflets and oil.

To my distress when they returned for their rebalance appointments their enhancements had lifted from the cuticle in a v shape heading towards the side wall and literally to the smile line (is there a technical term for this?!). The product was also very dry and brittle where the lifting had happeded - I'm using EZ Flow l&p).
Hiya,
I think you need to look at your mix ratio....if your ratio is too dry then it will be brittle, but be aware not to make it too wet and flood the cutcle area as this will also cause some lifting in that are. Don't know if that was any help for you.....
Amanda aka Lily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back