Oldest therapist!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm almost 50! It's no bad thing attracting the older client; they tend to have more disposable income!

Same here....I'm nearly 48 and the vast majority of my client base are 45+. They have the money, the time and the "I'm worth it" attitude which I love! I don't tend to attract the younger clients as I don't offer tanning, nails, lash extensions and that sort of thing.

I retrained into beauty at 45 and like to think that by that age, I have the life skills and the personal skills which I wouldn't have had 20 odd years ago.

I'm thinking that massage might be a problem as I get older as I have arthritis in my hands but will take a view on this as time goes by.

As an older therapist I do think it is essential to present yourself well and make a particular effort with your appearance.....after all, we are our own best adverts and what sort of advert would I be for my anti-ageing treatments if I don't look good for my age!!!

PB
x

That would make me 3! :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Wow Claire, you have dinky feet! I have size 8 and always think shoes look much better in smaller sizes.

Back on topic, I'm 25 but always look up to my older colleagues for not only experience but wisdom as well. Although i've been through a lot in my short life, my older colleagues seem to be able to talk to mature clients easier because they've lived more. Mortgages, kids, divorces, etc.

Not saying that I don't have anything to talk about with my clients, we just talk about different things.

I don't think older therapists should feel anything negative and I would never discriminate against a therapist older than myself. As long as you're able to keep doing what you're doing, do it!

when i went for my intimate waxing training i was partnered with a lovely lady who was 59 :)

in this industry, age is irrelevant which is how it should be. What is relevant is your attitude and your willingness to keep evolving WITH the industry.If you are feeling a little staid then go on a course or go and have some treatments to re inspire yourself or get all your nail stuff out and sit and play xx

I'm 54 and I have countless young men and women as clients and they tell me all of their secrets and we have a good old laugh about everything and anything. I mix with all ages and don't give it a thought.

Oldest client?

75 oh and I have my nan who is 80
:)

I'm 54..sometimes I feel 74 and sometimes I feel 24!! Just a number on a bit of paper really.. I was 'mum' to the girls at college, but a lot of my waxing clients are glad I'm not an 18 yr old doing their hollywoods (for some strange reason..:wink2: )
I'm loving coming to the industry later in life..keeps me out of mischief!! lol x

44 and proud. Started beauty @ 35, was the oldest in class, youngest was 16. I love what I do, my clients range from 20's to 60's. I love what I do but this industry tells us when enough is enough. Hopefully have a few years left lol xx

I am 47 and when I trained at 18 older ladies in the beauty profession stuck out like a sore thumb! However with job security having become precarious and more men and women taking new directions in life there are plenty of people choosing new careers. It seems to be the norm now to reinvent yourself. Midlife people often trade it all in for something different - I don't think we bat an eyelid these days. Don't worry about the age - just do what feels right.

Latest posts

Back