Olympia Beauty, Sept 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bleurgh! That was the worst show ever for queues :( think I will wait and see what happens next time!
Got what I wanted though :D x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I got there early about 9:40ish and was surprised we could go straight in, headed straight for S2 but the queue was already massive! Felt a little mugged off since I thought I was early but hey ho. Stood in line until I got given a brochure with details of offers etc, was no major savings to be had and even with the new launches I'm sure I will be able to order what I need online in the not too distant future, so I departed my spot in the line.
Went round to opi, did some serious splurging, looked at some furniture etc, then about an hour later walked back past s2 and the girl who had been next to me in the queue was still years away from the front of the line, couldn't help but feel I did the right thing, I love shellac but unfortunately I think tectonic plates move quicker than that. Makes sense that it was a technical difficulty since the way they had set it out seemed very logical and efficient and the girls seemed helpful, but I guess if 'computer says no!' what can u do?

On the whole though I found olympia a bit of a disappointment compared to excel, not many uniform company's and a few things missing that I was hoping to see. But if you are into teeth whitening, power plates and homemade/organic face cream you are in luck coz there's loads of that junk.

Next time I will aim to go to excel

Waited 3 & half hours in the queue!
My back gave away badly, but I got the bits I wanted. There could have been better offers, wasn't as great at Excel.

Not going to do this again, to save a few quid on the offers and end up paying £25 for parking!!!

Sweet squared need to have a better system going for these shows, as much as I love their products, education and being associated with them, this puts a downer on it. No other stand has queues like this, we know it's popular so they need to provide sufficient service to the customers.

Had an amazing time, nice to see some geeks :)

Arrived 9.40 straight in and straight to S2, yes Q'd for just over 3hrs but hey oh got what I wanted and sweet squared staff made it fun and chatting to others passed the time, I felt for them as tills went down and other issues, but they did their best and just one of those things, just glad we got there before 10am

Got all I wanted and more so happy :) just so shattered now :zzz:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 222
I got there early about 9:40ish and was surprised we could go straight in, headed straight for S2 but the queue was already massive! Felt a little mugged off since I thought I was early but hey ho. Stood in line until I got given a brochure with details of offers etc, was no major savings to be had and even with the new launches I'm sure I will be able to order what I need online in the not too distant future, so I departed my spot in the line.
Went round to opi, did some serious splurging, looked at some furniture etc, then about an hour later walked back past s2 and the girl who had been next to me in the queue was still years away from the front of the line, couldn't help but feel I did the right thing, I love shellac but unfortunately I think tectonic plates move quicker than that. Makes sense that it was a technical difficulty since the way they had set it out seemed very logical and efficient and the girls seemed helpful, but I guess if 'computer says no!' what can u do?

On the whole though I found olympia a bit of a disappointment compared to excel, not many uniform company's and a few things missing that I was hoping to see. But if you are into teeth whitening, power plates and homemade/organic face cream you are in luck coz there's loads of that junk.

Next time I will aim to go to excel

I was a bit peeved they opened early. If I'd have known I would have left home earlier. x

I think if s2 had better deals on their products on a ONCE A YEAR show then the 3 and a half hour que wouldnt have been so bad but i was just mega angry s2 was the only company adding VAT so i saved no pennies as i spent over 200 pounds delivery would have been free! Oh well ill avoid it next time unless its VAT free of course!

Me too CheekyChick! I set out to get there before 10 especially and would've gone earlier had i known.

Last year i got there at the same time and was queuing outside waiting for the doors to open. I got straight in the S2 queue and was out within 35 minutes, leaving plenty of time for the rest of the show.

I was debating whether to go back and have another look tomorrow, but i don't think i can be bothered haha xx

I'm beginning to wonder wouldn't it be better for S2 to go to the show as a "Showroom" stand. Just show their products and services, display more of the range for people to find out about but not retail any products.

Agreed! I would of enjoyed having a good look at the products and watching a few demos (you couldn't watch the demos in the queue without losing your place). Those attending the show could then receive a discount voucher to spend online (this would also prevent non account holders from making purchases). :)

We joined the que at 9.35am, FINALLY got served at 11.40am :/ no real savings, no apologies for the wait (technical difficulties or not) then once I had paid I was told by another therapist waiting to check my order from the collection hatch as about 8 people had they're goods and they had not been given what they paid for??! When I asked at the hatch for it to be checked, mine was wrong too! But that was the girl on the tills fault, she had charged me for the wrong items. Sorted out in the end, but it was all just a shambles to be honest.
Im really miffed there were no real saving and many peoples orders were wrong after all the time people spent queuing up. Starting the th7nk s2 are not customer focused and are just after our hard earnt cash :/

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Had an amazing time, nice to see some geeks :)

Arrived 9.40 straight in and straight to S2, yes Q'd for just over 3hrs but hey oh got what I wanted and sweet squared staff made it fun and chatting to others passed the time, I felt for them as tills went down and other issues, but they did their best and just one of those things, just glad we got there before 10am

Got all I wanted and more so happy :) just so shattered now :zzz:

Maz, what app are you using for your pic? It looks great! Xxxx

Missed it all :-( got to a&e this morning at 8.40 and still at hossie now x

Who is going tomorrow? I hope the sweets have sorted out the 'technical difficulties'! Still it'll be a nice day out with my mum whatever.

The s2 girls at the hatches were checking all the bags before giving them over. Good job too as mine was wrong and a most people in front of me but at least we didnt have to get home before we realised! Only downside i brought a new lamp as i accidently spilt acetone on last one and looked tatty but it has no bulbs lol. Will have to ring s2 regarding this 2moro :(

Who is going tomorrow? I hope the sweets have sorted out the 'technical difficulties'! Still it'll be a nice day out with my mum whatever.

I think its a problem withthe servers at the show from what i was told so very unlikely it will be sorted. Good idea to take someone along for toilet breaks i was alone and literally busting by the time id got my bits lol

I got to the show a bit later than I intended. 11am infact, nsi stand was a breeze, assistant s on hand and able to get my shopping done, with no queue. Then went over to harmony and itwas rammed packed, could not get anywhere near any shelf at all. so Went to biosculpture and ordered my show deal. Noticed the ridiculously long queue at s2 and thought it was the worst stand at Olympia.

The talks upstairs were good, a couple of business ones and some of the nail stage ones were good too. Infact it was a section of peace and sanity up there with lots of seating, a coffee shop and uncrowded toilets too.

Most of the nail stands had helpful assistants and I got lots of shopping done without queues.

I went later back to harmony at 5ish and the queues had completely disappeared. Lots of assistants on hand and easy shopping done.

All in all a great day, so glad I went.

I think if s2 had better deals on their products on a ONCE A YEAR show then the 3 and a half hour que wouldnt have been so bad but i was just mega angry s2 was the only company adding VAT so i saved no pennies as i spent over 200 pounds delivery would have been free! Oh well ill avoid it next time unless its VAT free of course!

They never do vat free. I thought today's offers were rubbish and they didn't even bring any smoothing gel with them! so after being in agony with my back waiting in the queue over an hour and a half and barely moving I gave up
:(

It was hinted on here that there was gonna be something great in store to get the queues down but in all honesty it was a shambles and was worse than any previous years! The whole "argos" system just didn't work, there were no pens to tick off what you wanted anyway and you couldn't see any colour pops of the new colours until you'd rounded a corner (2 hours wait?!)Advice to anyone thinking of braving it tomorrow, take a foldable chair, pen, flask and the patience of a blimmin saint!

The whole "argos" system just didn't work, there were no pens to tick off what you wanted anyway

Ahh I think I know what happened to your pens! A member of staff was offering great handfuls of them to us as compensation for the three hour wait. I turned them down but the desperadoes behind me were filling their handbags! :)

Omg just remembered, I was having a snoop in one of the towel stands when this guy came in.

His head was all wet (sweat?) and he grabbed a towel and scrubbed all over his face, neck and head.

A couple of us were watching and I said at least he's buying it, but no, he only went and put it back! Eurgh!

One of the ladies told the stall owner, but seriously? How rough is that? Xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

They never do vat free. I thought today's offers were rubbish and they didn't even bring any smoothing gel with them! so after being in agony with my back waiting in the queue over an hour and a half and barely moving I gave up
:(

It was hinted on here that there was gonna be something great in store to get the queues down but in all honesty it was a shambles and was worse than any previous years! The whole "argos" system just didn't work, there were no pens to tick off what you wanted anyway and you couldn't see any colour pops of the new colours until you'd rounded a corner (2 hours wait?!)Advice to anyone thinking of braving it tomorrow, take a foldable chair, pen, flask and the patience of a blimmin saint!

I really sympathize with you waffle about back problems, hope you are rested now. Sounds like incontinent pants are needed to be worn too in that queue. It looked a complete joke to me. I found s2 demo girl really good as she was showing shellac application, additives and vinylux application too.

Latest posts

Back