Olympia Beauty, Sept 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I to went to the event & have nothing but respect for all the team at s2 & they try to do all we ask for & will have tried a new system today? If it didn't work at least they tried? I for one won't slagging off the team that helps us grow our business

a few years ago I 'invented' cinema pants as a joke with my friends basically incontinence pants with the cinema's logo on so you never have to miss that crucial part of the film again. I extended them to theme park ride queue pants because after you've queued for 3 hours you always need a wee just as you're about to go on a, wet yourself scary, ride! Then I said I would market them to airlines 'ryan air pants' would mean that they could get extra seating on and remove the loos (a joke). Now I will invent S2 pants!

Just realized I was charged Vat at the harmony stand ! So what was the show offer ? Does anyone know ? It was Vat free at NSI.

I have been wondering all day. As I didnt stay in the CND S2 queue till the end, were purchases able to made by anyone??? As you cannot get Shellac unless you have an account & hold qualifications? Did they check if you were an account holder? If not doesnt this ruin the point of CND's exclusivity? Just wondered:confused:

i didn't read this whole thread but am dying to know did anyone sit into the scientist and the geek? and what did they say?

I to went to the event & have nothing but respect for all the team at s2 & they try to do all we ask for & will have tried a new system today? If it didn't work at least they tried? I for one won't slagging off the team that helps us grow our business

I know we have the "party faithful" but today was a shambles, no 2 ways about it. We loyal customers were treated like crap. but because S2 have got the monopoly over us, we are expected to just put up with it and how dare we complain! They got it wrong and it would be a nice gesture if they were to offer free delivery on your next order or something as recompense.

Just realized I was charged Vat at the harmony stand ! So what was the show offer ? Does anyone know ? It was Vat free at NSI.

Check the prices hun. It might be 20% off then VAT or something like that.

At our wholesalers whenever it's VAT free there is still always VAT on the receipt, but you save 20% IYKWIM xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have been wondering all day. As I didnt stay in the CND S2 queue till the end, were purchases able to made by anyone??? As you cannot get Shellac unless you have an account & hold qualifications? Did they check if you were an account holder? If not doesnt this ruin the point of CND's exclusivity? Just wondered:confused:

I'm not an account holder, but I asked them if I needed to be to buy the solar oil. They told me about the special new released oil which i seemed to be able to buy if i wanted.. they recommended i went on a conversion course if I wanted to use the acrylics or gels, which I don't (as I'm happy with NSI and bio) They happily gave me a catalogue, so I'm guessing I could register if I wanted and buy from them.

Check the prices hun. It might be 20% off then VAT or something like that.

At our wholesalers whenever it's VAT free there is still always VAT on the receipt, but you save 20% IYKWIM xxx

Thanks, but No, it's not clear on the receipt, seems to be be full price and Vat added... oh well, someone will know what the offer was :rolleyes:

What a day train took over 2 hours to get to Waterloo works on track so didn't get to Olympia till after 1 straight to s2 q waited 3 hours was hot and packed got most of what I wanted but by this time everywhere else had sold out if stock missed the shows and demos, couldn't see the demos in the q properly either, and no colour pops for new colours. Will never q like that again. Just gonna order on line next show .

When I went to the Gelish stand and asked about something they said vat was included in the main price that was shown in front of all the display product, so I wasn't to worry price I saw was price I paid as vat added already, did think that was odd as know the website etc are offering vat free???

When I went to the Gelish stand and asked about something they said vat was included in the main price that was shown in front of all the display product, so I wasn't to worry price I saw was price I paid as vat added already, did think that was odd as know the website etc are offering vat free???

Can you PM me how much it was per bottle please? I'm confused with what the offer was lol x

Hmmmm.. the plot thickens :cool: I'm sure somebody will get to the bottom of it :cool:

Hmmmm.. the plot thickens :cool: I'm sure somebody will get to the bottom of it :cool:

Just checked my email it says VAT free and an extra 10% if wearing a NH hoody xx

I am a party faithful? I didn't que? I watched wee fee for a while looked at the colors? Then went on my way to enjoy the show? I travelled from Nottingham at 7am took 3 hours to get to London then over to Olympia? Back to Harrods at 5 an hour shopping a nice meal then back home on the train for 3 more hours? Just got into bed shattered but happy? Loved the new shellac colors & additives & will order from the comfort of my home? If you don't want to wait the hours it takes to get the new colors then don't wait? Why wait then moan & slag off a company that are obv so in demand they do all they can to serve you faster? Is it their fault the tills went down or they tried a different way? No it isn't? I know a smaller company whose stand at Olympia cost them 70k to set up get get stock & have the floor space & the team ready? Imagine what s2 bill must be? Rant over but fed up with people moaning? Don't wait? If your going to come on here & moan? Try a new way yourself & come away happy!

Just checked my email it says VAT free and an extra 10% if wearing a NH hoody xx

That clears it up, thanks ,not that I have a harmony hoody.. oh hum :rolleyes:

I had a fab time with the girls, yes waited 3 hours for my CND stuff, but happy with what I purchased. I think if I was on the customer service team, I'd get mini iPads, give them to the girls instead of the finger pointer signs,, take people's orders, order goes to the back office, you pay at the till, you pick up the order.......quick and easy and can all be done via blue tooth!

IMHO I think they focused on the Tibby Oliver stuff this time, as they had great deals on this. As well as the Dashing Diva.

Trade shows are always notoriously hard to get right, as for the deals, what no one has mentioned is that maybe CND set what the deals look like and not S2.......Love n Respect xxxxx

I wanted just the gel to go under Gelish and when she quoted price it was vat free.... And the price is saw was vat free... But what she said made no sense?? Saying vat had already been added...

What a day train took over 2 hours to get to Waterloo works on track so didn't get to Olympia till after 1 straight to s2 q waited 3 hours was hot and packed got most of what I wanted but by this time everywhere else had sold out if stock missed the shows and demos, couldn't see the demos in the q properly either, and no colour pops for new colours. Will never q like that again. Just gonna order on line next show .

If your train stops at Clapham Junction, you can change there and go overground to Olympia without having to go to Waterloo. I found this out yesterday and it saved me lots of time today, so would defo do it that way again!

I got to S2 about 3.45pm and queued for about 90 mins which I thought was about OK. They'd obviously learned a bit from earlier on as S2 people were coming down the queue and chatting. At 1 pm they were saying 3 hour wait so at least managing expectation, and to go back 30 mins before closing, but I was worried they'd close the queue if I left it that late! Both last year and this year it got less busy mid-afternoon so I'd leave it later again if I do it next year. Maybe not on Day 2 though in case they run out of what you need, and you don't want to wait for delivery....

I wanted just the gel to go under Gelish and when she quoted price it was vat free.... And the price is saw was vat free... But what she said made no sense?? Saying vat had already been added...

I think it is that they aren't allowed to sell VAT free if registered for VAT, so what they do is to recalculate the price so that what you pay is the equivalent to the price VAT free, but they still have to give some of what you actually pay to the VATman. Beauty Express have VAT free days online and their website explains the principle well, so you might want to have a look at that. I suspect that's your answer ..though I could be wrong!

HTH

Latest posts

Back