Olympia Beauty, Sept 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What deals were on tibby Oliver? I didn't wait in the que but contemplating going back tomorrow if its worth it?

I think it is that they aren't allowed to sell VAT free if registered for VAT, so what they do is to recalculate the price so that what you pay is the equivalent to the price VAT free, but they still have to give some of what you actually pay to the VATman. Beauty Express have VAT free days online and their website explains the principle well, so you might want to have a look at that. I suspect that's your answer ..though I could be wrong!

HTH

Now that would make sense, think the lady on the stand explained it badly lol

Half price training with starter kit xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

I stood in the Sweet Squared queue for about 50 mins but I didn't go to the stand till around 4.50pm. It was hot though and I was furiously fanning myself with a brochure. One of the girls at the stand saw me, asked if I wanted a bottle of water and went and got me one. I don't know her name. She was a pretty little thing and I just wanted to say thankyou!! :Love:

Had an amazing time, nice to see some geeks :)

Arrived 9.40 straight in and straight to S2, yes Q'd for just over 3hrs but hey oh got what I wanted and sweet squared staff made it fun and chatting to others passed the time, I felt for them as tills went down and other issues, but they did their best and just one of those things, just glad we got there before 10am

Got all I wanted and more so happy :) just so shattered now :zzz:

Yeeeyyyyyy my shellac sign!!!!!!

I to went to the event & have nothing but respect for all the team at s2 & they try to do all we ask for & will have tried a new system today? If it didn't work at least they tried? I for one won't slagging off the team that helps us grow our business

Just to note were not "slagging off" s2 we are just noting our experience so they can read these reviews and see where to improve next year. IMO its good business to get feedback good or bad

Ok..........

So who is going today? :) xxxxz

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was at the front of the qued to get in yesterday and got to sweet squared straight away I felt I had a catalogue and pen shoved in my face and was made to feel very harassed into making my decisions quickly on what I wanted so quickly ticked loads of things only to then waiting half hour to be served so needed have stressed about what to order I get to the till order my bits I get given a ticket and told to wait round corner waited a while and chatted to another girl who had different tickets and receipts to me so as I can imagine when the lady came to the hatch I had wrong ticket, anyhow found my order and it was wrong so they corrected it. The lady behind ordered slot more than me and when I walked past 40mins later she was still there bless her trying to sort out her order ! Didn't go so well to begin with the new system I hope it improved over the day, I wasn't greatly impressed with the offers I would have spent the same I think online x

Wow I was soooo tired last night! I was practically first in door at 9:25 ish and queued until 11 to be served and then queued again to pick up stuff which I had to take back three times because my order was wrong. Still ended up with three items I didn't order somehow but wasn't going back a fourth time! Queues were much shorter at about 4 ish. I would go later today if I were you! Demos were good lots of tips! I have nothing to compare it to as haven't been before but I would say more staff and better tech would improve things. Pa's weren't working well and it was hard to hear tibby girls which was a shame. Pleased with my products x

Ok..........

Not me after I read about some geek's experiences yesterday! Beauty express have VAT free online so I don't even need to leave my house :) x

Ok..........

I'm on my way there! I can't wait!

First stop is the S2 queue *prays to The Lord of queues that it's not a long one*.

Xx

I'm going today. Having a client at 11am and then go straight away to Olympia. I hope she's not coming to be honest lol:p

I've just literally done the S2 queue in 10 mins...it's really not busy at the moment. x

I am a party faithful? I didn't que? I watched wee fee for a while looked at the colors? Then went on my way to enjoy the show? I travelled from Nottingham at 7am took 3 hours to get to London then over to Olympia? Back to Harrods at 5 an hour shopping a nice meal then back home on the train for 3 more hours? Just got into bed shattered but happy? Loved the new shellac colors & additives & will order from the comfort of my home? If you don't want to wait the hours it takes to get the new colors then don't wait? Why wait then moan & slag off a company that are obv so in demand they do all they can to serve you faster? Is it their fault the tills went down or they tried a different way? No it isn't? I know a smaller company whose stand at Olympia cost them 70k to set up get get stock & have the floor space & the team ready? Imagine what s2 bill must be? Rant over but fed up with people moaning? Don't wait? If your going to come on here & moan? Try a new way yourself & come away happy!

I didnt wait. I COULDN'T physically wait for that length of time and that is what I find so unfair. If you're fit and resilient then maybe you can queue for 3 hours, if you're poorly like me you've got no chance love. Oh and when i tried to brave it for 1 and a half hours they didn't even have any pens to actually do the "argos" ticking, or even colour pops of the new colours or even a brochure! so I'd hardly say that's highly organised would you? And actually it is irritating that you go to a show to see new lines, get show deals and save on postage then have to come away empty handed and are still gonna rack up the postage charge now anyway! Mind you if I could afford to shop and lunch in harrods afterwards the extra cost probably wouldn't bother me either.

Ahh poop. Try selling it on the harmony for sale fb page xxx

What is this page exactly called? Can seam to find it :)

Jools makes his own manicure tables. His wife is a Nail Tech and together they have created really lovely manicure tables. He's so talented and passionate about his work and his workman ship is really lovely.

Check out his website. X
Do they do mobile tables? X

I have no idea, but I'm comming back today, so I can visit their stand and ask :D

Last edited:
I have to say i wasnt impressed this year with some brands noticablly absent... i didnt have issues with ss- in fact i let them know what i thought of their new system at the time! I think they have great show offers every year, well worth the wait. Plus i think it speaks volumes that people know its a quality product and they are making great savings at the show. For me it was one of the main stands i had to go through on my list- thats why i went there first!

I think what did grate on me are the people that clearly have no clue about some items and have to ask a barrage of asking q's till goin out to pay. I think the sales staff at these exhibitions know that they act really stuck up, you go to ask a question about price-product-further training- and they're lolling about just chatting to a friend. (or sitting around posing!) I refuse to spend my hard earned money on these faceless lazy unhappy sales staff- i wont be buying into your brand!! Bit over the top but dont they realise that at a exhibition they need to be endorsing a company?! xoxo

I just wanted to post a quick update following my return from Olympia today.

I was there just in time for doors opening, so bearing in mind all the posts on the site yesterday, I obviously made my beeline for S2 first.

I have to say that whatever technical hitches there were yesterday, which in turn resulted in massive queues, there was absolutely no indication of that happening today. I walked up to the stand, ticked off what I wanted on the mini catalogue, paid and collected my order within 15 minutes. I was even able to grab a few words with Jen, Sam and Samantha.

When I passed by again around 12 noon (mainly to watch the SV demo which fascinates me!), the queue was moving and everyone was collecting their goodies without too long a wait.

Generally speaking, it was very easy to move around first thing in the morning before the crowds started to build. Most of the stands weren't too crowded later on either, apart from the main ones such as Harmony, OPI, S2, Essie etc.

I even managed to grab a glimpse of Peter Andre, who was launching and signing copies of his two new fragrances. Mass hysteria around the back if the hall, naturally :D

Great! I'm glad that the hitches of yesterday were over :) xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back