Olympia Beauty, Sept 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Queued at sweetsquared for more than three hours. No big savings unless you were planning to spend mega bucks but once you're in the queue you feel kind of committed. System of paying then picking up at a different hatch didn't seem to make it any quicker especially as the queue wrapped twice round the exhibition so the people trying to collect their goods (in a massive cnd bag - please change these sweetsquared) had to push through the people still queuing.

And while I'm on a rant - I fear for the future of the beauty industry after having to listen to the moronic conversation that the four girls were having behind me in that damn long queue. What foul mouthed, irritating idiots. Argghhhhh!

And breathe .....

That made me laugh LOL
Dont worry i think the majority of us beauty therapists are sane,coherent & the full ticket!

Are you going to Professional Beauty - Professional Beauty, I want to it's on my birthday too!! woop woop :D

Amy Child's was there but Peter is going tomorrow to promote his aftershave. Jools Orange is fab!! I hope he did well from his stand as he deserves it. - his tables are really lovely and I love mine :)

What really gets my goat though is that there were people there who I know Are not qualified AT ALL yet they managed to get Shellac, Gelish and IBD Polishes and starter kits!! How's that fair????!!!!!!!!

Whos Jools Orange ? :S

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Whos Jools Orange ? :S

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Jools makes his own manicure tables. His wife is a Nail Tech and together they have created really lovely manicure tables. He's so talented and passionate about his work and his workman ship is really lovely.

Check out his website. X

Thanks! Did you get the additives too? What do you think of them?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Only the additives with the charmed sets as I didn't wanna pay £16 odd for 2 more additives (the 2 in the charmed collections are the same as 2 of the 4 in the other set so I didn't see the point in having 2 of the same additives...). So far not blown away by the additives but I've not played yet so I may well change my mind ;)

Am I the only one who hated the crowds at Olympia today and the queues OMG. I take my hat of to you girls that waited in that CND line......How long did you queue for ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jools makes his own manicure tables. His wife is a Nail Tech and together they have created really lovely manicure tables. He's so talented and passionate about his work and his workman ship is really lovely.

Check out his website. X

Do they do mobile tables? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If I'd have known I'd be queuing for 3 hours I wouldn't have bothered and is have ordered it online tomorrow. I don't know how anyone thought 6 cashiers would be enough!

All staff were fabulous and I commend S2 for trying something new but for me, the 'deals' were poor so I won't be visiting again.

Harmony had 3 cashiers and queues of about 10-20 mins. Fabulous deals and everything in stock.

Bio Sculpture did well too!

I ticked everything off on my list but the S2 experience ruined it for me. On a plus side, met a fabulous fellow nail technician who I wouldn't have met had I not queued!

Queued for over 3 hours. Got everything I wanted from s2 (plus an extra thanks to someone putting it in my bag by mistake)
I met some lovely techs in the queue though who kept me company all the way around. Loved the free mini vinylux & scrub fresh too :)
Xx

Could someone pm me the harmony offers please? Thanks xx

Am I the only one who hated the crowds at Olympia today and the queues OMG. I take my hat of to you girls that waited in that CND line......How long did you queue for ?

3 HOURS & 45 MINUTES......nuff said!!!@

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

3 HOURS & 45 MINUTES......nuff said!!!@

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Nooooo Heather. ... you didn't?!? Wow! Was it worth it? I think I'll be avoiding s2 if I manage to go tomorrow lol xxx

Oh man, I bought gelish builder gel thinking it was soak off!

Oh man, I bought gelish builder gel thinking it was soak off!

Ahh poop. Try selling it on the harmony for sale fb page xxx

I so wanted to see what was on offer but I guessed that those queues were a good couple of hours long and I just thought "no way" I will pay the extra and order online lol

I was only there about an hour and then left and went on to Westfields for a lovely lunch :)

Queued at sweetsquared for more than three hours. No big savings unless you were planning to spend mega bucks but once you're in the queue you feel kind of committed. System of paying then picking up at a different hatch didn't seem to make it any quicker especially as the queue wrapped twice round the exhibition so the people trying to collect their goods (in a massive cnd bag - please change these sweetsquared) had to push through the people still queuing.

And while I'm on a rant - I fear for the future of the beauty industry after having to listen to the moronic conversation that the four girls were having behind me in that damn long queue. What foul mouthed, irritating idiots. Argghhhhh!

And breathe .....

:hug: And relax!

These shows can test the patience of a saint. I've never done a monday before and I'm hoping I keep my rag tomorrow as I know I can't tolerate gaggles of teenagers for too long.

I so wanted to shout out "who's a geek" though, but thought I would look like a right nutter lol

I'm beginning to wonder wouldn't it be better for S2 to go to the show as a "Showroom" stand. Just show their products and services, display more of the range for people to find out about but not retail any products.

All that happens is you can't get to find out about the products because of the huge queues, and you don't want to find out because you don't want to waste half your day stood there getting bored senseless!

I don't understand why anyone would queue for 4 hours to buy the product! I'd go home, order it online and pay for next day delivery. So much easier!

Hey guys. For those of you who rode out the queue today while we had went through technohell... Thank you for your patience. We are seriously committed to eliminating queues and today was the first step of a longer term investment to make that happen. Sadly, it didnt go as well as we had hoped. It was like taking 5 steps back to take one single forward. We WILL get there. Just frustrating it wasn't today :(

Latest posts

Back