OMG!!!FREE NVQ Assessment !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q. Satellelite assesment centre that offer nvq at a cost to the candidate, have i been misguided that there assesments are done on models rather that fee payning clients as crtieria pointed out by "mum".

Surely if you are going for NVQ2 assessment and are already a nail professional then you will be assessed using the products you currently use.....or are they saying that you need to change your product range to be assessed?
assesssing can be with any product it is not product led.

What is Free?
Someone clarify this for me please.
The word "free" always seems to have a catch doesn't it?
goverment funded nvq level 2 nail services. There is diffrent areas of funding depending on indiidual circumstances. i.e from 16 /19 ,19 /24 and 24 plus. This is a govement initiave to upskill the workforce. No catch. No gimmick.

hi girlies
i saw this website assocciated with T-centrix and the NVQ training have a read...Odyssey Nail System - Home ..if this don't work just google odyssey nail systems uk

jane x

hi girlies
i saw this website assocciated with T-centrix and the NVQ training have a read...Odyssey Nail System - Home ..if this don't work just google odyssey nail systems uk

jane x

Thanks

I'm afraid comments like:
"National Vocational Qualifications accredited by HABIA / City & Guilds and LSC."
and
"If you are an existing nail technician with years of experience you need to act quickly to fall in line"

don't give me too much confidence!

Its gone very quiet on me again - not holding out much hopebut isn't costing me anything at the mo nor hurting me - will just wait and see what occurs - if anything!

Thanks

I'm afraid comments like:
"National Vocational Qualifications accredited by HABIA / City & Guilds and LSC."
and
"If you are an existing nail technician with years of experience you need to act quickly to fall in line"

don't give me too much confidence!
confused i am afraid confidence in what?

Q. Satellelite assesment centre that offer nvq at a cost to the candidate, have i been misguided that there assesments are done on models rather that fee payning clients as crtieria pointed out by "mum".
any one with answers?

q. how can the genreal public find what they consider to a a qualified and knowledgable nail tec. Do the general public know who good trainning provders are to call them and ask to recomend a nail tec with in there are. Do the general public know what an nvq is?

well, inregards to this subject, as you no i contacted them yesterday and they told me about there conversion course and buying there product at the end, any way she said she would phone me this morning with more details on when the courses would be held and no phone call. xxxx

Last edited:
confused i am afraid confidence in what?

Are you connected with them considering all the posts? (it's not a problem but not evident in your profile)

I'm surprised a company with an understanding of how NVQ's worked made the 'accreditation' statement as it's not accurate. Plus the other statement comes a bit close to 'scaremongering' for my liking.

Are you connected with them considering all the posts? (it's not a problem but not evident in your profile)

I'm surprised a company with an understanding of how NVQ's worked made the 'accreditation' statement as it's not accurate. Plus the other statement comes a bit close to 'scaremongering' for my liking.
i have no financial intrest if that is the question, but happy to ansewer any way.

I have a number of students who are registered when things go live , i had been asked by students about the company and had made it my intrest to find all i could as this is a grat offer and not a lot in this industry comes free!

There essesment centre(T centrix) have been running for a long time and my understanding is there are a number of "scheme" that are currently awaiting scheme approval. some with in the construction industry some not.

There allways seems to be a little sacremongering of comments which try to imply that this and other companys are not bonifide or even exist or try to imply dodgy things(. As quoted by othere, not yourself) .

Every company starts some where, look at all nail companys , even graftons started some years ago in a garage and just look where they are now ! and i have found what they have to offer is amazin abd wish them the best of luck , as this service that is being offered from the goverment funding can only enchanvce are industry? I would welcome your comment to some of the othere question i have raised, many thanks

I am assuming your comment is in regards to my comments:confused:, i appologise if you feel i have offended you in any way:hug:. I am only commenting on what i was told and the fact they have not got back to me.
I rang the company as many on here probably have, as at the end of the day, the chance of free training for us older folk is a one in a million chance:D.
On contacting the company i was advised to do the one day conversion which is free and that at the end of the training day i would need to buy there stater kit odyyseey:cry:. I said surly if the course is free i would have a choice to buy or not and she said they expect you to.
Know what you have been told or any one else i can not comment. But i was even more disgruntled when they never got back to me today. I am certainly not saying anything bad about the company as i have never worked with there system, but i rang because it was free and found out it was not, what more can i say. I hope apsolutly fab that you get free training, along with others, and do not have to buy a specific brand
love jenny

i have no financial intrest if that is the question, but happy to ansewer any way.

I have a number of students who are registered when things go live , i had been asked by students about the company and had made it my intrest to find all i could as this is a grat offer and not a lot in this industry comes free!

There essesment centre(T centrix) have been running for a long time and my understanding is there are a number of "scheme" that are currently awaiting scheme approval. some with in the construction industry some not.

There allways seems to be a little sacremongering of comments which try to imply that this and other companys are not bonifide or even exist or try to imply dodgy things(. As quoted by othere, not yourself) .

Every company starts some where, look at all nail companys , even graftons started some years ago in a garage and just look where they are now ! and i have found what they have to offer is amazin abd wish them the best of luck , as this service that is being offered from the goverment funding can only enchanvce are industry? I would welcome your comment to some of the othere question i have raised, many thanks

I'm always happy to answer any question that I'm capable of answering but I'm not sure what you've asked that I can answer.

For anyone else reading this thread, government funding is available to all approved and appropriate training providers. Each one decides how delivery of the training and provision of assessments works for them.

There are many hoops to jump through to access this funding but it isn't that difficult. Funding is available for 'training' not just assessing and usually involves a certain number of 'guided learning hours' to access full funding. It is rarely free for the over 24's but can involve contributions.

I'm not personally aware of all the training providers accessing this funding. All FE's do and I do know that the London College of Beauty Therapy do. I believe the Carlton Institute is reorganising and can probably access it.

I am assuming your comment is in regards to my comments:confused:, i appologise if you feel i have offended you in any way:hug:. I am only commenting on what i was told and the fact they have not got back to me.
I rang the company as many on here probably have, as at the end of the day, the chance of free training for us older folk is a one in a million chance:D.
On contacting the company i was advised to do the one day conversion which is free and that at the end of the training day i would need to buy there stater kit odyyseey:cry:. I said surly if the course is free i would have a choice to buy or not and she said they expect you to.
Know what you have been told or any one else i can not comment. But i was even more disgruntled when they never got back to me today. I am certainly not saying anything bad about the company as i have never worked with there system, but i rang because it was free and found out it was not, what more can i say. I hope apsolutly fab that you get free training, along with others, and do not have to buy a specific brand
love jenny
comments were generall not specific to invduals, no offense taken. As has been said previous this is an nvq thread not relating to product or trainning. xx

Well then, all i can say is that i think it is fantastic that this company is offering free courses for people to gain there nvq and i wish you luck,and any one else that has managed to get on the course:) not that you will need it i am sure you will all love the course. You will have to tell us all about it when you are training and how you get on. Good luck
love jenny xxxxx

comments were generall not specific to invduals, no offense taken. As has been said previous this is an nvq thread not relating to product or trainning. xx

But if you are training using a certain product and paying for the product it IS a product related thread surely??
It's not a free course...you can't take your own products...you have to pay for a kit at the end of the day.
There's always plenty of offers of "buy a course get a free kit" or vice versa with many companies.
What about us techs that have paid X amount and trained in a certain company.....does that make us any less a tech?
Is the NVQ thing SO important??

But if you are training using a certain product and paying for the product it IS a product related thread surely??
It's not a free course...you can't take your own products...you have to pay for a kit at the end of the day.
There's always plenty of offers of "buy a course get a free kit" or vice versa with many companies.
What about us techs that have paid X amount and trained in a certain company.....does that make us any less a tech?
think the other lass is getting confused there is no free trainning for nvq. They are offering funded assesments. You can use what ever product you like for your assesment.Is the industry not moving towards studets have something recognised with in the general public? Would welcome your thought judy. please see my above question.

most cetainly does not make you a lesser tec , have sueggsested or implied, but as u said nice to get some thing that does not cost us for a change !

think the other lass is getting confused there is no free trainning for nvq. They are offering funded assesments. You can use what ever product you like for your assesment.Is the industry not moving towards studets have something recognised with in the general public? Would welcome your thought judy. please see my above question.

So could I go and do this course etc with my EzFlow kit and not have to pay for the other products??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back