OMG I have my first client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gem81

Reaction score
I only put a little postcard in the local shop today and now I have my first client booked in for 2.30pm tomorrow.

She wants forever french enhancements and then a pedicure and I am papping myself.

I only hand my CND foundation l&p last week with Amanda Fontanarrosa and to be honest I don't know if I'm going to be good enough. I didn't think anyone would call. I guess now that I have put my foot in it I have to grab the bull by the horns and get on with it. I've even been toying with the idea of cancelling but I'll hate myself. I have to start somewhere I know but I just WISH my tummy wasn't turning somersaults. I'm so agitated and anxious. I'm not going to sleep a wink tonight. Oh gosh.

How did your first clients go? Were you all as terrified as me or were you more prepared?

:eek::cry::eek:

ur always terrified...i thought i was over that 6 years ago when i became self employed....i have recently done a hair extensions course, and now have someone wanting them done, but am worried i wont be good enough.....all u can do is believe in your self. even doing courses gets me panicky, knowing i have to be good enough to pass. its a confidence thing. full stop.

believe in your self and everyone else will believe in you!!

good luck but u wont need it! :)

Hiya - I am just as scared as you to be honest, but all i've done is think to myself that I'm old enough now to act like an adult and be brave! I've cacked myself when doing strangers, but thought to myself that the worst that could happen would be that I would be rubbish and the client would think I was rubbish! Because they were strangers, I wouldn't have to see them again and that helped me!

I worked hard, tried to get over the nervousness and they loved it and rebooked! Next time, I wasn't half as nervous.

I always tell people it was like getting married - as I stood at the back of the church I was so scared, but I had planned every minute of the day and waited a long time and once I had made it in there, I wanted to do it again, and again, and again, and again!

Good luck and let us know how you get on xx

The thing is, if I mess up I can't hide from this client as she works in the local shop. I'll see her every day! Also, if it all goes wrong then the whole village will know about it.

I put a critique up if you are interested in seeing what I can do.

Thanks all for the vote of confidence xxx

Hi, Ifelt just the same way hun, I think we all do to start with, but once you start, your training will kick in and away you go, once I had finished my first client I couldnt wait to do another one lol
Well done for getting your first client so quickly, good luck and let us know how it all goes :hug:

How did your first clients go? Were you all as terrified as me or were you more prepared?

:eek::cry::eek:[/quote]

Yes hun we were all terrified with our first client but once you have the first one out of the way it gets a lot easier then,
do the pedicure first because you will find this the easier of the two treatments and it will give the polish time to dry,
and you a chance to relax in the company of a stranger,
try to have a practise in the morning on your hand trainer or a real person if you have one you can use,
have everything laid out ready on your table in the order that you are going to use everything, this will make it a lot easier for you too,
and remember to smile all the time you are doing the nails, this will make you look more confident than you will be feeling,
and talk to the hand and not the face because this will keep your time down hth
Good luck hunny, we all have faith in you :hug:

Congrats gem81! You'll do great!

Good luck with it all let us know how you get on xx

Panic over. She just cancelled. I had just got myself all psyched up too.

What a good start!

Oh my - can't believe she cancelled lol!! I bet now you're wishing she hadn't lol! I almost cancelled my first client last week to for the fear of failing - but she loved them and said she would recommend me :) Next time don't panic - just be happy and smiley :)) xxx

Its horrible when they do that my first client did excatly the same to me! i got my self in a right mess all week then didnt turn up at least she let you\know!
Put it behind you and move on, im still nervous as i dont think im good enough too.
Come on next client get booked in for gem..... you will be fine good luck for next one xx

onwards and upwards!! dont let it bother u....your'l learn from the panick and be more prepared for it now. get some more advertising out there, and get that money rolling in ;)

Latest posts

Back