OMG never seen anything so bad!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
I'm after a bit of advise from anyone that uses Eve-Taylor Facial range.

I went to a new client today that had booked in for a facial. I had to refuse to do the treatment as I had just never seen nothing like it!! :eek:
I got there and did the consultation and I could tell straight away that this client was contra-indicated just by looking at her.
Her face was red raw. At first I thought she was sunburnt but she said 'oh i'm always like this' It took me ages to get to the bottom of it as she wasn't forth coming with her information and just kept saying 'Dermatology did it' (meaning Dermalogica).
Well it turns out that every night she leaves a face mask on and goes to bed in it...A CLAY MASK FROM THE £ SHOP!! :eek:
I was just gob smacked and lost for words. The skin was so hot to touch and there were broken capillaries everywhere. I told her to throw them masks away and to never use them again. I have recommended that she does nothing but use barrier repair cream by Dermalogica, until it has cleared up. I am going to get her one from work tomorrow but was just wondering is there anything that I can recommend to her by Eve-Taylor?

xxx

If her skin is really that bad then I wouldn't be recommending any creams. She should see a dermatologist! at the very least her gp

I agree.
I would not get involved until her skin is back to normal.

If she uses a cream that you have got for her and she gets a reaction to her already stressed skin, then she may well blame you for it.

It sounds like she has had some kind of reaction to the masque. Did she really get Dermalogica from a £ shop? Never heard of that but it makes me wonder if there was something wrong with the product. Out of date maybe?

If i were you i would definitely send her to the GP or at least the chemist before she puts any other product on her skin. They may recommend E45 as it is a cream used for burns and could help soothe the skin.

Any chance that it was "fake" Dermalogica from the pound shop - so not the genuine product but some cheap rubbish with dodgy ingredients?

It's mad that she carried on using it, if anything did that to my skin even if it was in the news that it was fantastic etc i still wouldn't use it!! crazy or what!

If i were you i would be curious to see this dermalogica.Are you sure she didnt actually mean dermatology,you know how the cheap market stalls and pound shops copy a range similar packaging and name.
Like the others i wouldn't touch her while her skin is like that,not sure i would quite trust her either .Why would she keep putting something on overnight that is obviously irritating her skin and is not meant for that use,silly women.

It's mad that she carried on using it, if anything did that to my skin even if it was in the news that it was fantastic etc i still wouldn't use it!! crazy or what!

I totally agree. This client has obviously had a reaction to whatever product but the fact that she continued to use it when the damage and irritation was obvious is where the real problem lies.

I'd refer her to her gp.

Latest posts

Back