OMG recyclable wax?? perron rigot ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
OK, perhaps i am misunderstanding perron rigot wax? What do they mean by recyclable?

It's not allowed here in the Uk but it in in France. It's in a massive chamber and is sifted through to another chamber. The French women love it and swear it's the best wax. xxx

oh my lord, thats just disturbing, im sorry. I paper plate my wax as to be certain i will never double dip!!! I cant believe people go for that! Thank you for answering, i was very confused!!!

Yeah I know. It wouldn't be for me either.

We're not allowed to double dip on intimate waxing here in the UK but I know it's ok in a lot of places in the US. Is it generally frowned upon there?

oh my lord, thats just disturbing, im sorry. I paper plate my wax as to be certain i will never double dip!!! I cant believe people go for that! Thank you for answering, i was very confused!!!

Hiya, sorry hun, I don't know what 'paper plating' is???? Maybe I do it but it's just a different term?

Thanks. xx

I personally wouldn't see a problem with recycling wax or double dipping if it was shown to not contain any germs or bacteria afterwards.

The no double dipping thing annoys me because my spatula never really touches the skin, the wax touches the skin. The spatula only ever touches the wax so where is the problem? But of course in paranoid Britain you have to follow the rules which just wastes money and the environment. I would always change spatula for each new client but I wish they would change their mind on the double dipping rule.

You're a scientist aren't you PP? Why don't you do some tests on used wax and unused wax and send the results to HABIA?

I've heard that they want to bring in no double dipping for the whole body. xxx

I am trained as a forensic scientist but I've not done it since Uni so I don't have the equipment at home that I would need. I would have to ask a laboratory to do the tests for me.

However, It could be something that a local university would take on for free as practice for students I know we had to do silly stuff like that.

I think I'll go email a few different places and maybe I can get a ball rolling somewhere. I'm not normally a pro-active person but I guess I could use a project lol

I am trained as a forensic scientist but I've not done it since Uni so I don't have the equipment at home that I would need. I would have to ask a laboratory to do the tests for me.

However, It could be something that a local university would take on for free as practice for students I know we had to do silly stuff like that.

I think I'll go email a few different places and maybe I can get a ball rolling somewhere. I'm not normally a pro-active person but I guess I could use a project lol

I'll support you all the way. After all......we want to work safely to protect ourselves and our clients but we don't want to be bogged down with rules that only hinder if they aren't necessary. xxx

yes, it is, although there are alot of nail salons owned by asian people who do double dip. perhaps i am just a paranoid person, but my dermatologist told me a story once about a girl who came to her with a rash on her brows... it turned out to be herpes.... from being waxed. makes me sick to think of...

i use paper plates for the wax, they are very small thin and cheep plates. I lattel the wax on the plate and then use one stick from the plate to the client. when more wax is needed i just lattel more wax onto the plate. this also saves me alot of trolly'n round the wax. Im sure its not for everyone... but it works for me...

From what I've heard from therapists while being waxed myself, recycling wax was a definite no-no from the point of view of infection control.

Must say i did think that someone ,somewhere had done studies and had found various things in wax pots.I'll have a trawl around the net and see if i can find anything.To be honest i think you have got to be a mucky worker to contaminate your wax.

Surely for someone to get herpes someone would have had to have waxed an area that was weeping. Same with blood contaminates someone would have had to re dip a spatula with blood on.Anyone with an ounce of common sense just wouldn't do this.

Can you imagine having to do a full days waxing and not being able to double dip at all.

Id like to know who would enforce all these rules if they bought them in because i do not see much evidence of anyone worrying about health and safety in salons too much,not in my area anyway.Which is why there are NSS salons everywhere making people bleed with the same electric files,now that is dangerous its like a tattooist or electrologist using the same needle on all their clients.

Ive just started out with waxing - using each end of the spatula once with gloves on, its getting easier but my god the wax is sticking to the gloves, the spatula is sticking to the gloves & god help my models im sticking to them too lol

But i am loving the waxing !

Ive just started out with waxing - using each end of the spatula once with gloves on, its getting easier but my god the wax is sticking to the gloves, the spatula is sticking to the gloves & god help my models im sticking to them too lol

But i am loving the waxing !

Good grief..both ends!!! do you have to do it this way it must be a nightmare.If you use nitrile gloves and rub a bit of oil over them they are not so sticky.

Thats what I have been doing, i think its just a money saver for the course, I wont be doing that, Ill throw mine away lol

If you have regular clients that come in for something like a full body wax (where the wax will use most or all of a tin of wax) then surely you could earmark a tin of wax for a particular client and only use that tin for that client? e.g. write the client's name on the tin in marker pen? That would then make the double-dip rule irrelevant as you would only ever use that pot of wax for that particular client...

If you have regular clients that come in for something like a full body wax (where the wax will use most or all of a tin of wax) then surely you could earmark a tin of wax for a particular client and only use that tin for that client? e.g. write the client's name on the tin in marker pen? That would then make the double-dip rule irrelevant as you would only ever use that pot of wax for that particular client...

This is a good idea, and one I have thought of myself :lol: but unfortunately its not terribly practical because of the time it takes to heat through and the storage issue:rolleyes:

um, i break my sticks in half...

I'll support you all the way. After all......we want to work safely to protect ourselves and our clients but we don't want to be bogged down with rules that only hinder if they aren't necessary. xxx
Very interesting, I would love to hear the results too. Hope you guys can get this thing moving, although I've given up waxing myself. I was also of the theory that the spatula doesn't touch the skin....however, the wax does and there's always a bit of wax left on the spatula which is going back into the pot.

Even with roller waxing there will still be residue of wax from skin going back into the mix.

It will be extremely interesting to see the results. The therapist I work with uses the 'drizzling' method,

Latest posts

Back