Quantcast

One finger not curing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

sofia_sparkle

Reaction score
Can some more experienced gelishers help! I've been getting on fine with the product and think it's fab and have invested in the 18g which I am so happy with. Rather perculiar though on 3 of my last sets I have had one finger that hasn't cured properly after the first coat of colour and have wiped off and had to start with colour again. I have.been applying base really thin as shown in training any ideas what I could be doing wrong ??
Thanks S x

JuicyLucy

Reaction score
When you say "wiped off" do you mean after the top coat? Is it always the same nail?

sofia_sparkle

Reaction score
No after starting to put the 2nd coat of colour I can see the brush pulling through so know it hasn't cured the first coat at that stage I wiped off with lint free with cleanse on it - my educator said the base would still be fine and to just start again?

JuicyLucy

Reaction score
No after starting to put the 2nd coat of colour I can see the brush pulling through so know it hasn't cured the first coat at that stage I wiped off with lint free with cleanse on it - my educator said the base would still be fine and to just start again?
Is it always the same finger?

Dancingdiva3101

Reaction score
one of my therapists had a client and this happened - she had told her that no nail polish ever drys no matter how long its left, shellac didnt set either - its something to do with an ingredient thats in the clients medication that did this but it was on all fingers, hope this helps x

B-Beauty

Reaction score
If its the same finger its most probably not sitting in the lamp correctly like sometimes i get the odd thumb not fully cured and its just not been sitting correctly in the lamp hth x

B-Beauty

Reaction score
one of my therapists had a client and this happened - she had told her that no nail polish ever drys no matter how long its left, shellac didnt set either - its something to do with an ingredient thats in the clients medication that did this but it was on all fingers, hope this helps x
Very interesting x

sofia_sparkle

Reaction score
On two of the clients it was the same
Middle finger and the other was the little. The little one I understood as the nail can sit at a funny angle but this other one is just odd! When training I was told it has to be thin but also thick enough to get depth of colour? Think I may have put it on too thick as was stand out and quite sheer? Do u think that may have been a cause? Just freaking a bit as have 3 clients tomorrow and do not want this to happen again, thx so much for your replies xxx

JuicyLucy

Reaction score
I think their hands maybe too far into the lamp. I usually judge it by being able to see about 3/4 of an inch of thumb cleavage (if you know what I mean!) when the lamp is closed. The base of their fingers should be almost resting on the start of the plate.

sofia_sparkle

Reaction score
That makes sense Lucy thank you - do u use the 18g should I make a point of saying the hand needs to be on the logo? x

JuicyLucy

Reaction score
Yes, I have the 18g. I was also told that the hands need to be on the logo. Personally, I can't feel it when I put my hand in, so its difficult to get clients to do it.

woo87

Reaction score
Maybe the bulb has gone above that finger? X

mizzy_dizzy

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336431530.916464.jpg
This was my reply lol my wifi went off lolol

JuicyLucy

Reaction score
It is very unlikely that a bulb has gone in the 18g LED lamp. Those bulbs should last years and years. As Mizzy Dizzy says, Harmony recommend that the lamp is plugged directly into a socket and not an extension lead. I still think is is more likely to be basic finger placement.

mizzy_dizzy

Reaction score
Like juicy Lucy said :D

Ahh thought I was being smart taking a pic of my post and only half showed up lolol

I was saying it is one of the down falls of led lights the range of LED lights is pretty much a straight line so if the bulbs all sort of point to the center of the plate that's exactly where the fingers Shuld be,
A traditional bulb is a long tube so has it covered .

Some clients want to go in to there knuckles lol soo I always talk them through and show them how ,

You can tell when they have done it as it's the free edge that suffers,

NoLimitNails

Reaction score
I have put just a tiny bit of acrylic bead/ball on the logo, so they can feel it with their middle-finger, that way they know how far they should go in.

Puffle

Reaction score
I have put just a tiny bit of acrylic bead/ball on the logo, so they can feel it with their middle-finger, that way they know how far they should go in.
Good idea! I've read before some people glue little gems where the fingers need to be. I have also had this a few times and I think the same, they're just not hitting the light. Mine have also been the little ones and middle.

JuicyLucy

Reaction score
I bought my second 9g (which I then sold) as a referb from Harmony. Someone had attached gems in all the finger dimples. Its a great idea as lots of my clients had trouble finding even the dimples in the 9g let alone the logo in the 18g. I like the idea of attaching a gem on the logo, I think I will do that.

woo87

Reaction score
Ahhh silly me I missed the part about the led lamp!! X

shazapoppy

Reaction score
What a great idea about sticking on the gems as a finger guide, could you do that on the removable plates on a uv lamp.:biggrin:

Latest posts