One model..two competition categories

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseDavidNailDesign

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
If I'm using one model for two competition categories over one weekend, can I use oil on her nails to make the removal of the first set easier? Not alot of oil, of course, but just not remove the shine. Would the judges be able to tell? How will the product behave?

Hi,
I've got one model as well. I wouldn't do that, because you might have lifting if you use an oil and that doesn't look good.
regards

Hi,
I've got one model as well. I wouldn't do that, because you might have lifting if you use an oil and that doesn't look good.
regards

So, you would just do a normal prep. In my case, the events are on two different days, so I have time to remove the first set.

mine as well:) I do preparation, but gently; then remove as much as possible with nail drill and acetone if needed. lifted product is the last thing you want to see on competition nails;)

As mentioned it is a risk, but if you have time before the comp to try a trail run (and to know for the future) I would give it a run through. But I am very curious as to what would happen.

in 100% you will have lifting - have checked that ;)

which competition and categories are you entering by the way?

in 100% you will have lifting - have checked that ;)

which competition and categories are you entering by the way?

I'm going to Premier Orlando in June. I'm entering the French twist and Salon Success. It really works out well, because my model will leave with "wear-able" nails at the end.

It's my first competition, thanks for your advice.

np roblem and good luck!:)

You are not allowed oil at all, they walk around and check tables before and during the comp,
if you are found with oil of any kind you will be instantly disqualified, its not worth the risk,
your not allowed to go into your kit either so you wouldn't be able to sneak it out quickly, if you forget to get anything out of your kit you have to raise your arm and the floor judge will get it out for you, hth

You are not allowed oil at all, they walk around and check tables before and during the comp,
if you are found with oil of any kind you will be instantly disqualified, its not worth the risk,
your not allowed to go into your kit either so you wouldn't be able to sneak it out quickly, if you forget to get anything out of your kit you have to raise your arm and the floor judge will get it out for you, hth

It's interesting, the French Twist rules state that lotions and oil may be used, but points will be deducted for "excessive oil". But the Salon Success rules prohibit oil.

Another thing I thought was weird, was in French Twist, no opaque pinks are allowed?

Does anyone know why opaque pinks are usually prohibited in comps? Just curious...

Latest posts

Back