One of those website threads...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok i have looked about 4 times and they still look like smudges to me and im trying so hard to see the torsos :( all in all good site though well done

Thanks all, all very valid points. I've changed the nostril wax, and am going to have the 'own home' bit added in. The full body wax I'm leaving for now I think, as with the half leg. I think clients like to know exactly what they're getting. I know I've gone to a salon before for a half leg wax and kness were not included!

But thank you all for taking the time. Any other comments are greatly appreciated.

I'm glad its not just me with the smudges/torsos :)

One last thing from me!

This page seems slightly odd

Areas Covered

I *think* your designer has used it as an old school SEO trick, but to me- it seems a waste of a page (its just a long list of locations).

If you're sure about keeping it, I'd format it in rows so its not just a long list- and put it in alphbetical order so it at least gives the pretense of being a "useful" list that people can use.

I'm glad its not just me with the smudges/torsos :)

One last thing from me!

This page seems slightly odd

Areas Covered

I *think* your designer has used it as an old school SEO trick, but to me- it seems a waste of a page (its just a long list of locations).

If you're sure about keeping it, I'd format it in rows so its not just a long list- and put it in alphbetical order so it at least gives the pretense of being a "useful" list that people can use.

LOL Carl, I've created similar pages myself in the past for that very same purpose of getting Google to come up with a search for beauty sites in any area mentioned on that sort of page - although in my case, they *are* in alphabetical order ;)

I know the areas covered is dodgy! It was me, I can't even blame my designer hehehe. I did it late last night and was losing the will to live as I tried to put it in a table in Word and then cut and paste it, but it wouldn't transfer the table. So then I tried to list it in 3 columns, but I can't tab it to get it all aligned properly. So I gave up and listed it!! lol. I need to alphabetise it at least. Any ideas how I can get it looking neat and tidy without using the space bar?

tables!...either that or get the web designer to do it. Why have a dog and bark yourself? :)

tables!...either that or get the web designer to do it. Why have a dog and bark yourself? :)

I'm guessing that Suki may have got a "CMS-driven" site by the look of things, where she's able to make some edits herself... so at a guess, she'll have something like a TinyMCE "WYSIWYG" editor to enter content in... which happens to be a right pain in the proverbials for handling tables nicely, especially when pasting stuff in from Word...

@ Carl, I tried the tables, it wouldn't transfer. :sad:
@ Ruth, I think that's probably what I do have, I can edit some stuff but not all.

@ Carl, I tried the tables, it wouldn't transfer. :sad:
@ Ruth, I think that's probably what I do have, I can edit some stuff but not all.

Yep, I had a feeling that would be the case... especially as TinyMCE is what I've got integrated into my Java stuff too... I still need to figure out how to "extend" it to make it do what I want ;)

If you have and HTML editor such as Frontpage or Expressions (or even dreamweaver) you can create your tables and then in TinyMCE click on "source" and then cut and paste in the code from those programs. Cutting and pasting in from Word is a nightmare as it drags in extraneous HTML as well.

Also, just generally...if you're cutting and pasting normal text into CMS editors....do it from Notepad as it strips out any code at all. So you can cut and paste from Word...to Notepad...and then into your CMS HTML editor. Saves typing it from scratch.

Latest posts

Back