Online EE Course....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lavender_chiq

Reaction score
Hi there! I was searching the web for eyelash extension courses and i came across an online eyelash extension course with naturalash. I'm really considering doing this since there is no where close to me that offers these courses and i don't have the resources to take a trip to do the course.

Can anyone advise if they've done training with them and would you consider doing this type of training online. I would hate to waste my time and money.

I wouldn't do it. When i did my training i needed a lot of assistance and a trainer to look and tell me where i was going wrong. It's very fiddly. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I can't imagine how you could EVER learn this online!

It's OK to learn some theory online but there's no way you can learn the practical technique without having someone to demonstrate and watch you as you practice your technique.

I would also be very surprised if a course like this is accredited and whether or not you could get insurance at the end of your course.

I notice you are in Trinidad so I'm not sure about your licencing/insurance regulations but I'm pretty sure that if you are UK based, it would be very difficult to get insurance based on an overseas online course.

They make it look so easy hun on the videos, but trust me it really isn't. You have to have so much patience and a steady hand. I'm still not confident doing EE and I have been doing them for about a year. I think if you did this course, it would put you off carrying on with them as it can be quite frustrating at times. There are so many factors to think about when doing EE that having the trainer on hand assisting you and answering your questions is the way to go. The fellow EE geeks are fantastic for that extra advice and tips and without them I would be lost, but I could never learn on-line. You need that trainer there hun and I totally agree with Ellibee whether the course would be accrediated and you would get insurance. :hug:

I would be very wary of an online course for teaching something that requires precision technique in the eye area! Having been a model for eyelash extension training in the past, I know how critical it is for there to be a qualified trainer present to appraise the technique of the therapist and provide constructive criticism as to how the therapist's technique can be improved, and any areas where they are going wrong.

While an online course may well be helpful in terms of explaining the theory behind eyelash extensions, and provide an initial illustration of what is involved with the technique, it's no substitute for being trained and appraised in person by a qualified professional. So whereas I would have nothing against online training material as an adjunct to training in person, there's no way that it's going to be anywhere near sufficient on its own!

Don't do it. You need physical guidance when doing EE as its far more difficult than it looks!

Without the practical support when you first try, I don't think I would have had the confidence to start lashing, it's so easy to stick the upper and lower lashes when you start and I would have panicked on my own !

EE is truly one of the most difficult treatments to master, trust me, after 17 years in the beauty business I felt a complete div when I first trained and was very frustrated at my attempts for some time.

It is really tricky, looks easy when someone who is experienced demonstrates but they just won't go where you want them to and it is really necessary for someone to show you how physically. :wink2:

Thank you all soooooo much for your responses, I'm now convinced that I am definitely better off doing the course in person. So now that I'm back at square one, where do you recommend that i go to have the training done and what should I look for? Also, approximately how long would it take for me to actually catch on to this before I can start charging ppl and calling myself an Eyelash Professional. I've noticed that most of the workshops take about 2 to 3 days to complete. Is this sufficient time to learn this?

Thank you all soooooo much for your responses, I'm now convinced that I am definitely better off doing the course in person. So now that I'm back at square one, where do you recommend that i go to have the training done and what should I look for? Also, approximately how long would it take for me to actually catch on to this before I can start charging ppl and calling myself an Eyelash Professional. I've noticed that most of the workshops take about 2 to 3 days to complete. Is this sufficient time to learn this?

Most EE firms will require you to do a certain number of case studies before you are certified. The product costs are minimal and as with most things, practice is key

x

Latest posts

Back