Open Day Offers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like you've got it sussed tonilee.

I had brown sandwich bags with handles (like you get at the chinese) and sprayed an OHM sign on them

Inside I put:

a postcard with a special offer on it
a biz card
a herbal tea bag
an incense stick
4 sanctuary samples
a price list

I handed them out straight away and told them to look at the menu and ask any questions. I got 10 bookings on the night.

I have one more suggestion for you, when you drop the bags off, have a large attractive bowl with some water in, put some floating candles, some table confetti and a few flower heads. It will look attractive and be a real centre piece.
alternatively, fill a bowl with wrapped sweeties.

Hi toni lee hope everything is going just thinking chick when you are in a few weeks(or couple of months) maybe you could hold another evening where you can demonstrate your skincare makeup and tan and give them 10% of everything retail that is bought and a free file and paint or something with every treatment booked. Just thought it would be a good idea i work for clarins as well as doing my own mobile beauty and i do loads of evenings in the shop they are a huge hit esp if you have clients names and address and send them an invite even via email they love it, my clients favourite is an evening of makeup they just love watching and picking up all the tips:)
Good luck toni
Keep us informed on all the biz:hug::hug:

great idea zara.
I've been in my place for nearly 4 months and was thinking of having another open evening in 2 months time.
by then I would like to launch a new skincare range, creative spa mani/pedis
and spray tanning.

I am actually opening my own home based salon in a few months i'm pretty nervous hope it all works out o.k. I'm on maternity leave at the min so only intending to go back to work part time so i can work part time at home and spend time with my baby!I'm dreadin leavin her:cry: but know it will be good for me i'm hoping to work mostly evenings to start with so my h2b can mind the child. I know i should be organising a whole heap of things but i cant think of how to start:eek: you see its a new house and its not finished yet still plastering and plubing to be done so kind of hard to know when exactly i'll be fit to start in it. Any advice from all you geeks would be welcome.:hug:

Hope you are swamped with calls booking appointments.

Good luck.

Trish :hug:

well, ask away, we've done checklists before on this sort of thing.

well i know i should really start getting business cards, think of business name. Any ideas its a home based salon beside a country stone house my h2b built all by himself(so proud of him):)i should start thinking of what my leaflets would contain i dont think i could save and do them myself cause i'm not much good when comes to doing things like that on the computer. did anyone just start out doing evenings, i feel it suit best to i sorta find out how busy i am going to be or at all rather than pay a babysitter during the day. How do you guys all do it that have small babies:confused: . i have been looking into skincare ranges would totally love something like clarins but obviously could not afford it cause i totally love there products i would need to i have been using them for the last 6 years! really do believe in them. I use tantrick tan, calgel nails( but have to say i dont use it alot) maybe when i get into salon i will who knows. Hope i have not whaffled on too much. so really any advice would help from you guys who are already set up.
thanks!

hiya
I don't do spray tans so bear with me but when I first started doing CACI I used to do half facial free, nobody ever has just half a treatment but they always booked in for it

1. biz name.
2. why not ask extentionize to design you a logo (mine's my avatar).?
3. design biz card.
4. design leaflet.
5. decide what treatments you want to do.
6. you can always introduce special offers to try out new treatments.
7. when you get clients, ask for email address, you can then email them special offers rather than send them to them.
8. decide on your budget! how much have you got for your skincare range? start ringing companies now for samples.
9. get uniform.
10. ensure you have all equipment and stock.
11. don't rush into getting retail stuff, this can be added onto.
12. get some little posters made up and start distributing them now.

re: evening appointments, I used to work full time in my other job and then do clients in the evening and weekends.
this is now my other job but I waited until my son was in school before I started doing day appointments.

One other thing, no matter what hours you offer, theirs always going to be clients that want other times. don't beat yourself up about it, stick to your guns and stick to the hours you want to do. don't get bullied into doing more. also, as soon as I started renting a room, suddenly everyone wanted home visits. I will only do home visits for 2-3 people at same venue.

I am also in the process of taking a room on. Its in a friends Hair Salon. I have put together a number of different packages (1 for each week) not cutting prices too much because I dont want to look 'cheap'. I am planning to stand the offer in the window at the beggining of each week and hope for the best!!!! Let me know how you are getting on! I start mid March, so much advise welcomed!! I am about to start working on open day idea's!!:)

How did it go Tonilee?

hi hippy chick
thanks for all the info very useful! Think i should have started a new thread on that though as its sorta hidden where its at, do it later i'm not to up on this site only joined about a month ago. Away to make dinner:irked: someones gotta do it!:hug::hug:

just want to thank hippy chick for the brilliant advice i'm currently renting a room above a sunbed shop since october. i display a package of the month and send leaflets out to my regular clients x

Latest posts

Back