Open Day Offers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonilee

Reaction score
I have literally just accepted a room in a salon! Yay!!! :)I accepted yesterday and the owner tells me they have an open day tomorrow,as it stands I cant be there but she said anything I can type up can be displayed there, so I will obviously have my price list but am thinking of offers ......As a little bit about the salon, its a tanning salon, they have 3 vertical tanning booths, the owner is accpuncturist and she lets the room out to a holistic therapist part time....as it stands there is no beauty therapist and the owner contacted me because people were asking for spray tans......I wa thinking of offering 20% off all bookings taken on the open day but should I do anything else??? Sorry geeks ow am on the spot I have gone blank!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

wow Tonilee not much time to get your read round this my love. Tomorrow. Well we need to get our thinking hats on.

I'd say what about £15/£20 per spray tan or free mini mani with a spray tan, something that will bring them in. Or perhaps 5 spray tans for £xx amount?

Sorry if I sound vague I am stuck too.

Good luck with the salon!

Thanks chick, yeah it has rather stopped me in my tracks a little!! How about first 5 spray tans booked £15, and a free mini treatment with every treatment booked on the open day (excluding spray tanning) or is it best to leave it at 20% off all treatments booked on the open day????

Im usually good at this but not so good on a timer!!!:eek:

just giving this thread a tiny bump!! Please help geeks!

I know you can't be there but how about a little goodie bag to give away - Your card, a discount voucher special offer and a mini gift something maybe you can get in town today.

In my experience people are more likely to take literature if its in a little bag as it feels and looks more like a gift!

HTH's

I have literally just accepted a room in a salon! Yay!!! :)I accepted yesterday and the owner tells me they have an open day tomorrow,as it stands I cant be there but she said anything I can type up can be displayed there, so I will obviously have my price list but am thinking of offers ......As a little bit about the salon, its a tanning salon, they have 3 vertical tanning booths, the owner is accpuncturist and she lets the room out to a holistic therapist part time....as it stands there is no beauty therapist and the owner contacted me because people were asking for spray tans......I wa thinking of offering 20% off all bookings taken on the open day but should I do anything else??? Sorry geeks ow am on the spot I have gone blank!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

where you going to be based toni?I would like you to tan me!

where you going to be based toni?I would like you to tan me!

The Bronze Tanning Centre in Kenilworth!!!! Pm me chick and we can sort something out....my other half works in rugby...what a small world!!!:hug:

I know you can't be there but how about a little goodie bag to give away - Your card, a discount voucher special offer and a mini gift something maybe you can get in town today.

In my experience people are more likely to take literature if its in a little bag as it feels and looks more like a gift!

HTH's

wicked idea chick....see my brain goes into flap mode and I cant think with it being short notice!!! Am not sure if I have enough solar oil pinkies to put in a goody bag do you think a little chocolate will be a nice token along with a voucher???

you can always offer say 20% discount on a spray tan and if they bring a friend along they could have say 50% discount. you could do a little bag with your price list, a money off voucher, maybe a free sachet of something you have or with it being the day after valentines everywhere will be selling their chocolate hearts etc... at half price. :)

I keep looking at this thread but I think I must be having 'sympathy flapping' aswell, cos I too have gone blank!

I like the idea of some nice little goodie bags, with a nice little voucher, a choccy and maybe a pinkie or mini gloss board or something too!

Hope they've got a column ready for you, as I've a good feeling about it! well done chicken xx

I keep looking at this thread but I think I must be having 'sympathy flapping' aswell, cos I too have gone blank!

I like the idea of some nice little goodie bags, with a nice little voucher, a choccy and maybe a pinkie or mini gloss board or something too!

Hope they've got a column ready for you, as I've a good feeling about it! well done chicken xx

Awww thanks hun, I dont keep mini gloss or anything so will have to be a choccy.....I am really excited, it will be entirely my own business run via the salon, the owner works the sunbeds and runs her own accupuncture clinic, the holistic therapist is there part time but other than that there is no beauty at all there but clients asking for it ......I have a good feeling too infact I know I can make this work!!!!:hug::hug:

Is someone going to be there to hand your things out? Or are they going to have a table with your details on?

You need:

promotional material
fliers
business cards
discount vouchers
Pen and booking form with your mobile number on top(preferably someone there to take bookings)
Preperation for your tan - i.e. pre tan advice
Any info. on the tan solution you use

Hope this helps.

I'm no good.

What about getting some cupcakes and bucks fizz and putting them on the tables where your info is? Whilst they are pigging out and slurping they can read and hopefully book.

Hi tonilee,
Yeah i think the money off voucher and bit of choc promo leaflets and your business card, sounds really good! it sounds great:) i'm sure your all pleased it will go brillantly for you babe i just know it, you will be a busy wee woman:hug:good luck and let us know how your getting on:hug::hug:

Just wanted to say 'congrats' toni! how exciting!!! x

:hug:Oh My talk about in a rush I give all my clients a bit of Chocolate at the end of all services it something they look foward to. All high end just one peice But love the idea of the little baggies. Think i may steal that one. Great Thread Good ideas. I also give all my nail clients a buffer 3 way and some orange wood sticks and a manicure brush. Good luck let us know what happens. Just remeber You CAN DO IT!!! Big HUGS

Tonilee how are you getting on? I bet you are rushing round now getting organised.

WOW talk about fast. It's exciting to do things quickly though.

Toni this sounds brilliant darlin' I want to wish you all the very best of luck in your new venture - GO GIRL!!

hi toni! i will be up to see you soon I am going on holiday soon, in bad need of a tan! teehee! and kenilworth is a 10 minute drive for me, perfect! good luck with your first day! xx

The goody bag is a brilliant idea. a business card, a price list, gift voucher, a lollypop (i love lollypops!), or like leaflets with lots of 'offers' on it.... if you had more time it would be a great idea to get pens or keyrings printed because i know i always have a pen in my bag, or like cups said..... some kind of manicure product like a 3way buffer....

I've probably mentioned everything everyone else did, good luck xx

Right am back now thanks for all your ideas and best wishes everyone!!! I have been out to good 'ole woolies, bought 20 pink gift bags (60p each!!) have printed off price lists, and a voucher for 20% off first appointments, I will put them in the bags along with my business card, a mini packet of love hearts and a few cadburys minitures!!! Best I could come up with at short notice!!
I also had to quickly revise my pricelist as in a salon there was more I could offer than when I was mobile, also I can charge more in this area than I could in York!! I have also put an offer on waxing where if 3 areas were waxed at the same time they ot 10% off.....(did that make sense!!)

Wooo so busy!! Having a girls night in tonight but reckon we will be getting everyone to fold pricelists and stuff bags!!!!!

Thanks again for your help everyone, sooooo appreciated :hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back