Open night, here are my ideas..would welcome anymore ideas :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keeley20

Reaction score
hi guys so im havin an open night at the end of feb just to get more people through the door, hopefully gain regular clients etc etc. I have a new nail tech starting in feb so its a chance for everyone to meet her too.

So im goin to put some drinks and nibbles on, 3 raffle prizes, 10% discount to everyone who comes, Discounted treatments on the night(was thinking maybe eyebrow wax and file and polish, something quick and inexpensive).

Also my mum does avon and makes handmade cards so shes goin to be selling them. also i know a lady who makes jewelley so shes goin to be doing that. Its goin to be a busy night but looking forward to it.

Has anybody got any more ideas or has anyone ever done an open night and did it work for you? Its something i havent tried yet, advertising wise, so gonna give it a go!

Also does anybody know where i can get some freebies from? :D

xxxx

What about goody bags, which nail, facial systems etc do you use, do they have any testers you could pop in? Oh and cupcakes seem to go down well!
Are there any local magazines that could cover the event for you and throw in Free copies of their magazines?

I would strongly recommend making it a ticketed event. This way you will have an idea of numbers.

You can always reimburse the ticket price when they purchase any retail items or book treatments.

Some have a lot of success with open evenings, others fail and there doesn't seem any rhyme or reason as to why, even with excellent advertising.

Maybe contact your local paper and say you are doing this for charity, hold a raffle with all proceeds going to them.

Hope it goes well!

What about goody bags, which nail, facial systems etc do you use, do they have any testers you could pop in? Oh and cupcakes seem to go down well!
Are there any local magazines that could cover the event for you and throw in Free copies of their magazines?

I was going to say cupcakes - every event Ive been to they always seem to go down well!

Claire

hi..do you offer ipl or diamond peel? if so you could do a few free demos to encourage people to possibly buy a block session? if they see a difference on someone else they will want it too! x

Thanks for all your replies everyone! I will be gettin some cupcakes now iv heard they go down well lol

Im working at gettin some freebies at the minute to make up some goody bags :)

Keep the ideas comin xxx

Thanks for all your replies everyone! I will be gettin some cupcakes now iv heard they go down well lol

Im working at gettin some freebies at the minute to make up some goody bags :)

Keep the ideas comin xxx

I know a lady that does really lovely cupcakes would you like her info?

Thanks laura j yeah please send me her info :) xx

hi..do you offer ipl or diamond peel? if so you could do a few free demos to encourage people to possibly buy a block session? if they see a difference on someone else they will want it too! x
when you refer about ipl demo, are you going to perform it only in new clients or in everyone? because i am thinking that a lot of already ipl clients would like to have a free ?
i have done already 2 open events (only with tickets rvsp). i run some contest and a make up seminar on it. also i give goody bags with some samples and offer special offers only for this day (booking only for the people that are in the event). i encourange my clients to bring it new people (seduce them offering a special treatment for the old clients) but unfortunately only few arrive with a new clients. to be honest , the new client not appear until now to do s/thing at the spa.
finally i offer coupon (spa euros ) to everyone in the event. that means something like euros printing in paper where it shows special offer (handle everyone that was in the event in form like a payment cheques). this made a lot of them to spend money this day.
also i can email you a usefull address wher to can find info how to host an event.

I have open evenings quite frequently with demos of new treatments, cupcakes, wine, tea/coffee etc and some clients order pizza in.
I usually join businesses, for example we have a psychic who comes and offers private readings. We have also had a Yankee Candle party, Thorntons party & a Body Shop Party.

The psychic and yankee candle always goes down the best and we do these every 3 months or so, we always get bookings and are on hand to offer treatments and/or have people already booked in that evening :)

Oooo i love the phychic idea!! definatly goin to pinch that for next time :) xxx

when you refer about ipl demo, are you going to perform it only in new clients or in everyone? because i am thinking that a lot of already ipl clients would like to have a free ?
i have done already 2 open events (only with tickets rvsp). i run some contest and a make up seminar on it. also i give goody bags with some samples and offer special offers only for this day (booking only for the people that are in the event). i encourange my clients to bring it new people (seduce them offering a special treatment for the old clients) but unfortunately only few arrive with a new clients. to be honest , the new client not appear until now to do s/thing at the spa.
finally i offer coupon (spa euros ) to everyone in the event. that means something like euros printing in paper where it shows special offer (handle everyone that was in the event in form like a payment cheques). this made a lot of them to spend money this day.
also i can email you a usefull address wher to can find info how to host an event.

I don't suppose i too could get the address on how to host i know its abit cheeky

Sammie

Latest posts

Back