opening hours on price lists???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fliss

Reaction score
Hi there everyone, got a slight dilemma and not sure what to do,maybe someone out there can help me.
I am in the process of opening a small salon with my daughter.We are just at the stage where we are getting price lists ready for printing and not sure whether to put opening times on there.In an ideal world yes we would I know but as we are a new business I am expecting our opening hours may change slightly depending on client demand etc in the first six months or so(no point in opening until 8.00 on a Thursday say,if we find everyone wants a late night Friday,just an as example).
As you can imagine I don't want to spend money having loads of leaflets printed if after a few months the opening hours are incorrect.
What would you geeks do ???
Any thoughts much appreciated and I hope it all makes sense !!

Fliss

When I had my salon, my opening times were printed on my price lits, if you want the business to work you must let your potential clients now that you are open late, the majority of my clients knew I worked late Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights, and I still do, even though I now work freelance/mobile.

Ju x

I do have my opening hours on my treatment menu, but when I first had them printed I only asked the printers to supply me with enough for a few months to start off with so I could make any changes that were needed.

If your worried that you'll be changing the times, you could always leave a space on your pricelist & put it on later.
I do think it is important to let people know when you are available.

You must be consistent. My friend lost her business mainly because she would open and close when she liked. If you're really not closed, how about something like:-

OPEN TUESDAY TO SAT (CLOSED SUNDAY & MONDAY)

I don't have any hours on my price list as I don't have any I work from home and will fit people in whenever they want or when I can.
I have written on them to 'contact for further information about treatments and appointments'
I have never had a problem so far maybe in the future when I am doing it full time I will have set times but at the moment I am happy to get as many people in as I can and at times that suit them.:hug:

You could put some rough opening times on then put underneath something like 'Out-of-hours appointment times available - please ask'

That means you cover yourself both ways.

Im about to open the same as you and fully intend to put opening hours on as I don't believe for example people would neccessarily expect me to be open Sundays' but I will be and late nights - even if it is just more convenient for them to phone and book an appt at these times I feel i will get more business that way. Good luck with your new venture!

I am the same as Klassy Klaws, I have not put any details of opening hours on my Price list or flyers, simply because I will be open all the time lol! I will fit myself in around when clients want appointments, as this will be my forst year in business, I am going to be as flexible as possible! Late nights are a must and if people phone to book an appointment late on a thursday I cannot send them away with sorry only late nights on a friday!

thats what I have done anyway! xx

Thanks you guys.As always loads of useful information,I think though I will go with Oey's suggestion and get the printers to do a short run of the lists with opening times on and then I can "tweak" if necessary on succesive runs.
Fliss

good luck with it Fliss.

When is the salon opening?

good luck with it Fliss.

When is the salon opening?

Hoping to open mid June although we have had so many hold ups along the way I am keeping everything crossed.

I put my opening hours on but it doesnt deter any of my clients having after hour appointments it makes them feel special that I stayed open for them - gotta love em! x

I don't put my opening hours on the price list, however it's on a poster in my window (which I can change anytime as it's run off from my computer)
However, I've seen a price list from another salon which has opening hours on a small sticker on the back. Which means that if there is a large print run of price lists, they don't all have to have the labels on.
Whichever you decide, if you're accommodating, your clients will appreciate it and return.
Good Luck

Latest posts

Back