opening hours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyw

Reaction score
Hi

I rent a room and open Wednesday to Saturday but over the summer I have been more flexible on Monday and Tuesdays and have been working those days if clients need me. Thing is though clients have been looking say an 11am appointment then someone looking an 5pm appointment or ill be working to 1pm and then at 3pm a client rings looking an appointment at 4pm.

Now it doesn't make sense for me to drive up and down to the salon to open and close it all the time. Have you any ideas what I should do for Monday and Tuesday? Should I just set a time on Tuesdays say 12~5 and make the clients work around that or should I stop being flexible since thf summer has basically passed?

I think I'm just trying to please too many people.

Let me know what you think

I was exactly the same when I started thinking that I should not say no, but eventually I was exhausted and was working all sorts of hours. You must make your hours and stick to them, it is amazing how clients will adapt and fit in to your hours. I did not loose one client from doing this. Good luck

Yeah I think your right. I'll cut out Mondays and just do Tuesdays as appointment only. But was thinkin, Tuesdays I will only go in if clients are booked in so how do I put this across and what would I do if I had clients in the morning so went home then someone rings looking an appointment for the afternoon? Would I need to put on my website that for appointments on Tuesday afternoon need to be booked before 1pm?

i had this problem so stopped doing tue about 6month ago. ive now started slotting the odd tue in but i dont advertise it and only put a tue in if one of my regulars wants to come in so then ill open the day up for about 5 hours to make it worth my while going in, then once i know im doing a tue i try to get my other regulars from a wed or thurs to book in that tue so ive got free apt for new clients on them days. if that makes sense x

Yeah I think your right. I'll cut out Mondays and just do Tuesdays as appointment only. But was thinkin, Tuesdays I will only go in if clients are booked in so how do I put this across and what would I do if I had clients in the morning so went home then someone rings looking an appointment for the afternoon? Would I need to put on my website that for appointments on Tuesday afternoon need to be booked before 1pm?

I'd suggest to consider using online appointment booking with your customers. Some of them (especially younger ones) will be very happy to have this option. They'll be able to look up your open time slots and book even without calling you. If you market yourself a bit on the Facebook or similar social media, you'll get new customers as well.

I would just set my hours, and be there, even if no appointments were booked in, as you may get a walk in, or a call from someone needing an appt there and then who can't wait for you to travel back for her treatment.
The Tuesdays 12-5 sounded your best option, then both you and your clients know when you are available.

I had a lady email me about possibly doing her a facial on a sunday as this is the only day she has free. I think when I get in my new salon I'm going to have set times and then put 'out of hours appointments available' and then charge more, I'm thinking £20 an hour more on a Sunday or Monday (when no-body is there at all) and £10 an hour more before or after normal opening hours Tuesdays - Saturdays. And I think I'm going to take full payments up front so they can't cancel or no show.

Latest posts

Back