OPI Gelcolor French

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katinara

Reaction score
Hello! I just done a set of french gelcolor, the only shade to have underneath Alpine Snow i had was Funny Bunny. It came our really opaque white, while with only 1 layer it was really streaky. The other shade i have is Passion, which i bought off Ebay and it was yellowish- nude aufull shade(i think its a bad batch), so i could't use it for French. Well dear Geeks, how do you do your with OPI Gelcolor? Many thanks!

Hello! I just done a set of french gelcolor, the only shade to have underneath Alpine Snow i had was Funny Bunny. It came our really opaque white, while with only 1 layer it was really streaky. The other shade i have is Passion, which i bought off Ebay and it was yellowish- nude aufull shade(i think its a bad batch), so i could't use it for French. Well dear Geeks, how do you do your with OPI Gelcolor? Many thanks!

If you bought it from ebay it possibly wasnt even geniune gelcolor, I would only buy from the genuine distributor in your country.

I use passion with funnybunny (as the white) dont have alpine snow yet

You are right but here in Grece we don't have Gelcolor yet. So i but from USA and few fm Ebay. So how can you describe the Passion as a shade? I've heard it turs yellow on some ppl. How is your experiense with it?

You are right but here in Grece we don't have Gelcolor yet. So i but from USA and few fm Ebay. So how can you describe the Passion as a shade? I've heard it turs yellow on some ppl. How is your experiense with it?

Its a beige colour so doesnt look very nice on some skin tones so i have ordered the pink to use instead :lol:

I also used passion but found it a bit too peachy for my liking, what is the best pink for french? Princess Rules? x

Yes! It's peachy, then its ok, but i do not like it at all!
Which pink do you use? Princess Rule is a shimmery pink, i'm not sure ppl will like it for french, however OPI used it for french in their instructional DVD.

I have just ordered bubble bath (i think) but not here yet, princess rule is shimmery

I have passion and its a gorgeous sheer pink I would say most suitable for French.

I also use it in normal nail varnish and it's one of my best used colours.

My friend bought opi off eBay the other day and the symbols on the back of the bottles were completely different to my real opi. Complete fakes.

Buy from Lena White that's the only way to ensure you are getting what you pay for.

Karen xxx

Ok, after hours and hours of searching, i have realized that the color i have bought for Passion appears to be a Samoan sand, or whatever it is, it's the exact shade... Can anyone post a photo of the real shade of Passion so i decide whether i will order it or not? Please, i need a pink shade so desperately...:lol:

photo(4).JPG

this is 2 layers of Funny Bunny and Alpine snow tips on top. For those who prefer a milky white (a have a few clients loving this look).

Hello!
Yes I definitely wouldnt order from Ebay!
Can someone let me know what Bubble Bath is like? How Pinky it is? I didnt think of using it for French haha!
I have attached a pic! The second one in from the right is Passion x

Attachments

• IMG-20120307-00669.jpg
    IMG-20120307-00669.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 32,198
Thank you! That's exactly the shade i have of Passion. How can it be sheer pink, it looks like yellow to me. I think we'll going to have an issue with French, while all other shades are spectacular!

I dont think it looks pink either its more of a neutral beige shade.
I would say it was yellow at all x

Ok girls

Lol I concede sheer was the wrong word. I've just put it on and I tell you exactly what it reminds me of a coverage pink.

I've just done it with funny bunny and must confess it looks lovely. My nails look nice and even iygwim xx

Got my bubble bath today, looks a lot nicer than passion for french. I think passion is beige, not yellow, but this colour is not flattering on everyone.

Bubble bath for me:biggrin:

I have just compared my passion gelcolor to my passion lacquer and the lacquer is a lovely sheer pink and passion gelcolor is a sheer peachy nude colour. They are v different, I am confused! Going to call lena white tomorrow.

xx

I have just compared my passion gelcolor to my passion lacquer and the lacquer is a lovely sheer pink and passion gelcolor is a sheer peachy nude colour. They are v different, I am confused! Going to call lena white tomorrow.

xx

Totally agree on this my lacquer really is one of my most used. Odours over acrylic cos it gives a lovely sort of sheer pink. Thanks form that I thought I was going mad !!

The gel colour is VERY VERY different. Xx

Got my bubble bath today, looks a lot nicer than passion for french. I think passion is beige, not yellow, but this colour is not flattering on everyone.

Bubble bath for me:biggrin:

Is it pink in shade or beige? Just do not want to order before i'm 100% sure i will use it :) Many thanks!

Is it pink in shade or beige? Just do not want to order before i'm 100% sure i will use it :) Many thanks!

definetly pink, a nice shade, I dont like passion :D

princess rule is nice too but its a shimmery pale pink

Bubble Bath is my first choice for french. It's a soft pinky shade!
also, I'm not sure if this is just in their polish or if they have it also in the gelcolor...but coney island cotton candy is beautiful for french too.

Latest posts

Back