OPI GELcolor from Capital cured in bottle 1st time it opened/didn't open!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2nails

Reaction score
hey i brought the opi gelcolour lady in black last night from local capital store as need for client tomorrow, when got to work i opened it it the brush was stuck in bottle & only lid came off! i no grom
doing opi gelcolour training it does cure quickly in bottle if left by led or in sunlight but why would it get sent to capital cured in bottle? i had it in foot well of car & was about 6.30 i brought it so wasnt in sunlight in car! they said they will change it but just woundered if anyone had have this happen to them?

Hi,

same happened to me with the o.p.i gel colour top coat.
Brush was stuck in the bottle, and only the lid came out.
Looing into the bottle you could see that it was completly dry.

Yep been there, done that.... I am fed up with it but it's too expensive for the kit just to throw it all away..... Just wish OPI would sort this issue out 😠

Had the same thing happen to me with the OPI Gelcolor top coat. Just recently [Thursday] had the brush start to dryout as I was applying the top coat to a nail to be cured yet! Talked to a local distributor and told that they had a crazy snafu at the plant where they are bottled and something went awry.

Opi or the vendor should replace that for you. I had that happen with some ibd gels. Their customer service was awesome. Customer for life.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Take it back to Capital - they will exchange it for you.

But worried about this, is it an issues I am going to invest in the kit this week? What are Lena white doing it this happens? Do the replace free I charge? Also advice on keeping the gels ? So this doesn't happen , is there any precautions I need to take to keep gels in working order :)

Errm..intrigued...what's a snafu????

But worried about this, is it an issues I am going to invest in the kit this week? What are Lena white doing it this happens? Do the replace free I charge? Also advice on keeping the gels ? So this doesn't happen , is there any precautions I need to take to keep gels in working order :)

This has happened on three occasions to me now. I have contacted LW (& I am not the only one!!) so they sent out a blanket email to all, stating they will not replace any products that have cured. To make sure you don't sit by a window (preferably in the dark lol) not any where near a daylight light as that too will cure your products, all treatments should be done in the cold as heat effects all products too. And all colours etc should be stored in the dark.

This has happened on three occasions to me now. I have contacted LW (& I am not the only one!!) so they sent out a blanket email to all, stating they will not replace any products that have cured. To make sure you don't sit by a window (preferably in the dark lol) not any where near a daylight light as that too will cure your products, all treatments should be done in the cold as heat effects all products too. And all colours etc should be stored in the dark.

You might as well have done with it & just build an igloo in your back garden & only work in it after 10pm...... lol

Ive read many of times problems with the bottles. x

Have you changed to another gel brand then? It concerns me that they won't replace them. I don't want to invest in a product that has problems!

I have changed to Gelish and have had NO problems at all. I am loathe to repurchase top/base coat from OPI, even though I have a stack of colours! I just wish they would sort this problem out!:twisted:

I have changed to Gelish and have had NO problems at all. I am loathe to repurchase top/base coat from OPI, even though I have a stack of colours! I just wish they would sort this problem out!:twisted:
Use your colours between Gelish base and top I'm sure it would be ok I use opi between calgel if someone has weak nails and wants more strength but an opi colour.
Try on yourself first.

I had this happen to me with the Orly FX Gel polish top coat too although the shop exchanged it straight away that was no good to me when my client was sat in front of me :(

Latest posts

Back