OPI Gelcolour Removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Envi

Reaction score
I've removed the OPI gelcolour in a couple of clients who had colour with no problem whatsoever, as others have mentioned it was a dream to remove, but I had a client who had french and came back after 3 weeks to have it changed and it was a complete nightmare to remove the white, I soaked for 10 mins as normal, removed the foils and the colour (passion) flaked off but the white (funny bunny) would not budge on a few of the nails, I had to re-wrap for another few minutes and try again and still couldn't get it off, so had to very carefully file it off. Has anyone else had this problem with the french?

I have a bit more bother getting a Gelish french white off too, I put it down to the fact that there is more pigment in the white product and the fact that it is on the free edge so does not have the heat from the nailbed underneath to help it come off.
It does happen with other colours too on the free edge of the nail, I leave the foiled hand in the heated mitts a couple of minutes longer and that helps.

Thanks Izidoll, yes I have noticed that with gelish colours too, but an extra few minutes usually does the trick, but not with the OPI white it wouldn't budge at all but the OPI colours came off so much easier I just thought it was strange but yes I guess it must be something to do with the white pigment, don't think I'll be using it again will just stick to my gelish for french from now on lol.

I noticed that if my client has peely nails some times it's harder to get colour of any sort off the tips.

It sort of glues itself on. But if my client has really good strong natural nails I don't have a problem. Weird! Xx

I have funny bunny on my ring fingers at the minute so will see if its just the free edge thats the problem when I take it off X

When I do removal I also use hitted mitts to heat the gel more an it lifts off the nail alot better :)

Latest posts

Back