OPI in chain drugstore

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jillykeely

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has seen opi nail varnish in drugstores or dept. Stores. I live in canada and this drugstore is nation wide. I was just shocked to see this. I thought opi was one of the good ones. Only avaliable in salons. And $ 12 price was a little high too

Some of the OPI products have been in a "high street chemist" here for quite a while, think it is mainly the treatments like nail envy, avoplex oil etc,
havent seen any lacquers

Hi yeh I have seen opi in a couple of independant perfume shops xx

Before I moved from America, Target carried a very large selection of the treatments and lacquers; and had been for quite a bit. I think they were around $8USD. I would trust buying them from there, maybe not from the drugstore or chemists though. Weird.

Ive also recently heard its now in aston and fincher. Love their products but dont like how they dont support us selling it in our salons!

I am not sure what happened to OPI they seemed to lose their way. They were very strict, just like CND, that you could only buy their enhancement products if you had trained with them. They even had a falling out with Sallys when they were all set to sell the enhancement range in their stores, everything was set up, the nail tips, tools etc were in, shelving labelled up and a full page in Professional Nails magazine giving training venues etc. Anyway Sallys couldn't guarantee that they could only sell to OPI trained techs so OPI or Lena White's pulled the plug. Left our brand new Sallys with empty shelves for months!

They also stopped attending as many shows, I know I turned up at 2 shows expecting them to be there and they weren't even after stating they would be.

I don't know if they tried to be too exclusive and it didn't work or if there was just a complete change of direction. The general public have been able to buy their natural nail products in Sallys for years, although Sallys are about to stop the public from being able to buy from them altogether this year.

It is a shame as I love the nail products but it certainly makes it pointless us stocking any of their retail stuff if it is available in local or high street chemists!;)

They were selling OPI in a supermarket in Florida for about $5 if I remember rightly. I didn't buy any, they didn't have any good colours, only granny sort of colours :lol:

They have sold on QVC for years, but as said before only the colours they seem to be stuck with. Still not right though they are either a professional brand or not! ;)

OPI is in all major department stores here ...... I like the polish, but turned my back on them when they took away my ability to retail.

yea i know what u guys mean, i saw opi in boots a couple of weeks ago and was quite shocked! i mean customers probs would rather buy from there and get their club card points then from me. and ovc aswell with their specail offers! deffienatly not a professional brand anymore- open to everyone and anyone to buy! although i love thier products, im gna have to swicth to another brand i think.:sad: xxxxxx

:sad: I'm deciding on my polish range at the moment and it was between OPI and another, this has just made my choice even more difficult, if I want to see I'm now going to have to sell at a lower price in order to be able to compete with the new stores that are now selling it! I want to use and be able to retail something that is viewed as a quality profession product, not something that anyone can get from down there hight road. :grr:

Boots only sell the Nail Envy etc not the colour polishes however I have seen it in John Lewis and other big,upmarket department stores.Makes me mad,but tbh a lot of the colours you can only really buy from the OPI rep.Sally's are always low on colours.As mentioned QVC seem to only have all the discontinued colours.

well that's just marvellous, I just bought loads thinking it would give a good, professional impression! Thanks OPI!:evil:

well that's just marvellous, I just bought loads thinking it would give a good, professional impression! Thanks OPI!:evil:

Not a lot of clients know that they can buy so dont worry too much.They cant just find anywhere so im sure you will do just fine and OPI is a fab range that clients love and trust. x

ive just took a quick look on qvc website, they have the new collections in too like hong kong & alice in wonderland!!

OPI is in all major department stores here ...... I like the polish, but turned my back on them when they took away my ability to retail.
What????

Latest posts

Back