OPI lady in black gelcolor problem?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charbelle

Reaction score
I bought lady in black at the weekend from my local salon services and have just tried it on a colour pop and its coming out very translucent, is this the general colour of it? I was hoping it would be more of a solid black?
Have shook it and tried mixing the bottom with an orange wood stick :irked:
Has anyone else got this colour?

OPI Lady in Black is the best black gel polish I have tried. It covers almost completely in 2 coats but totally dense black in 3. Shaking it adequately is the only thing I can think of, but you say you did that. Try it on a real nail rather than a colourpop, I think you will find it works really well.

Hi thanks for your reply!
I just tried it on my nails and its the same even after shaking for about 10 mins!
Might contact lena white and see what they say, just wanted to check thats how the colour generally is :(

I had trouble with this colour also. I found heating the bottle, usually In my hands or whilst I'm prepping between my legs it becomes a better colour, density. It always takes at 3 layers and usually a final capping too!! I hate using black but I find this with my shellac too! SSx

I didn't like this one either, I found it blotchy. Luckily my clients never want black!

Latest posts

Back