OPI problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I trained with OPI.

They teach you to use a "Smoother file" (I think it's 280 grit) after doing cuticle work. It doesn't etch the surface but smooths any rough bits therefore making polish last longer.

It depends on the nails though. I do the same on all my clients - some will last 2 weeks, some 4 days, depends on the natural nail. On my own natural nails I'm lucky to get 3 days without chips!

Try LUMOS top and bottom coat ... Fastest drying top coat yet thick and protective and no chipping ... One try will convince you.

www.famousnamesproducts.com

In the UK available from S2 on 08452106060. (pinky size to try)

Last edited:
ok you definitely need to be agitating the polish before use I have totally forgotten the proper word for it lol but like shampoo or tomato ketchup nail polish viscosity changes when you move it around.

thixotropic - that's the word for it :wink2: I love that word! :!:

Caroline x

I've found that a coat of NSI's thermoshield topcoat works wonders in making a polish last.

It cures under a UV lamp, the nails are touchdry after the cure, and the shine is amazing

It may be worth a try?

Rebecca

I've found that a coat of NSI's thermoshield topcoat works wonders in making a polish last.

It cures under a UV lamp, the nails are touchdry after the cure, and the shine is amazing

It may be worth a try?

Rebecca

Can this be used over any polish and how do you remove it?

When you say "touchdry" do you mean they are totally dry and hard after curing and cannot be smudged or dinked?

AsI said prev,, If you are using ordinary enamel you should be able to polish correctly and learn how to manipulate the brush, make sure you are using light pressure and keeping parellel to nail plate, If you are using a good system such as CND's enamel and new lumos base and top coat there is simply no need to use gel top coats (its just adds to cost and time, which we then pass onto clients, somehow)

Get back to basics,, learn how to precision polish, and use great products, and also do not expect miracles a good polish is not gunna last forever,,, come on now,,thats what shellac for :lol::lol:

Hi I have been looking on the net for this and you might wanna try Opi ph bond aid it helps the nail polish stick to the nail. Hope y
This works hun.

Are you capping the edges with every coat inc base and top? This helps me xxx

this is still happening with chipping !! :( i feel very sad :(. I did my mum a lovely manicure other day and she choose a colour which was an OPI colour , i told her to use solar oil every day to stop it going brittle and chipping.after 3 days they look awful !! and all chipped :(

i feel like ringing opi up and complaing big style

I use Orly Bonder on the base and Creative Super Shiney top coat polish lasts 2 full weeks.

This may sound weird but you can also try dabbing a tiny drop Solor oil on all ten nails wipe with a gauze pad then apply base 2 coats fav. polish finish off with top coat you'll have no chipping as well:)

Latest posts

Back