OPI v JESSICA v ESSIE

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally LOVE Jessica and have never encountered the products peeling but i do always ensure the sealing of the free edge of the nail so maybe that helps!!!

xx

I have never used Essie and only used the odd Orly polish so can't really comment on either.

I stock OPI as it ticked all the right boxes for me and I also like the fact they have a rep so I can actually try products in the salon before commiting myself to a purchase.

When comparing OPI & Jessica its tough for me as I prefer OPI polish but I love the Jessica treatment base coats & the products, they have a very luxurious feel imo. However I have to agree with some of the comments about the polish going gloopy and the application.

I have attended the Jessica training and Martin is right there is a specific application which ensure the polish lasts longer, my problem with this is that the clients either can't do it themselves or couldn't be bothered anyway so the polish doesn't last as long as other brands when applied at home.

With regards to the training I feel it is a must regardless of the product range you take on and the reason for that is every range has a different routine for their treatments.

For example the CND Spa Pedicure is probably the best ever pedicure routine ive followed before. I still use mostly CND for pedicures and I get so many comments about it being the best pedicure my clients have ever had because its so comprehensive, now imagine they went to another salon down the road which hadn't done the training and offered the same pedicure but the routine was just a simple one learnt at college, I would feel a bit short changed if it were me and it has happened several times when ive been for treatments elsewhere !

Martin thank you for the response and as I say... you could not have met a more professional bunch of finalists which are due this coming Sunday night BTW. :hug:

Haha love Kylie B's comment about Jessica smelling like old ladies. I found this with the manicure range. Do really like parts of the Jessica range like the pedicure but i think they need to come up with some new products like a new manicure range. Im thinking about looking into OPI colours,using creative at the mo but im not to keen on buying all the new polishes that have just came out to keep myself up to date. They look fab but i cant afford them :(

Hi - I havent used the mani pedi stuff as i use cuccio but as polishes go i wouldnt use anything else but OPI as they are great. I havent tried the others but i have tried cheaper polishes like sinful and they don't last.

Martin thank you for the response and as I say... you could not have met a more professional bunch of finalists which are due this coming Sunday night BTW. :hug:

Glad to hear there are a good number of professionals still able to turn out a first class natural nail service, whatever polish they use!!

Latest posts

Back