Opportunity! Whether good or bad? don't know.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glam Nails

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I have an opportunity to open a nail salon for 500 a month. Only problem is, there is a nail salon on the left and a hair salon on the right of the vacant shop.

I spoke to the lady of the nail salon (because we can convert the 2 shops into a big salon), but she declined.

Needless to say, that's the only vacant shop with that price here...!!!

Do i take the opportunity? Or....?

If there is already a nail salon next door to it is it A not going to cause major competition for both of you as well as bad feelings towards each other and B is there enough work for both of you with the 2 salons being next door to each other. I'd say it's a definate no go but see what everyone else says

Sorry my darling but there is no opportunity here. You will not be able to compete with an existing salon and I think it would make you v:)nhappy trying to. Wait a bit, something else will come up which will be much better!

Is £500 just the rent?

Cathie, the poster lives in Namibia. Don't know what the currency there is and how much that is worth here.

Hi, i converted it into your currency. 500 is just for the rent.

XXX

sorry it doesn't make good sense to me to open a nail bar next door to an existing one. I think this is an 'opportunity' not to be taken for obvious reasons.

I agree with the above tbh.

There are advantages and disadvantages to it in my opinion. The disadvantages have been exposed by previous replies (ie having competition next door) but the advantage to that is you will be getting a lot of foot-traffic passing you by to go to the established salon, if you could jazz up your window with special offers you may end up tempting the people who usually go next door into your salon:green: (just a thought).

That's what i also though Home Salon :)
But then again, the cons are more than the pros at this time.

I'm currently working as a manager in an office, make 600 a month. I'm doing nails after work and weekends, but i love it so much and hate my current job. Yet i have a baby to think of, scared if i go into nails full time, i won't be able to survive...

i think personally i would not risk it, however what will be will be and now you have " put it out there" as a friend of mine once said you will find something that is right for you and you won't even question it xx
its a big decision but i say go with you instincs:hug:

i went to look at a salon (it was not good) but i really wanted out of my job. in the end i decided not to go for it, 3 months later i got a phone call and the perfect place came up xx :hug:

Thanx guys. You all helped me make my decision.
I'm not going to take the "oppurtunity". Will wait for the perfect one to come along.

XXX

That is a very sensible decision. Good luck with finding a better placed salon, you will be very pleased in the long term that you were patient and waited. :)

Latest posts

Back