Organic tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi collin.

I currently use sun labs and find that all my clients love the colour but like everyone says"not the cold feeling even in the summer".
After reading all the blogs im very interested to try a sample.How do i purchase this and do you supply a sample in the new rapid tan yet????and what % please.

many thanks

sheena

Hi Sheena,
simply PM me your addy and I will happily deal with your request :hug:

Hi everyone, just received my samples and would like to ask colin what % is the Illusion rapid. I have a friend willing to let me try this sample out on her tomorrow, she is fair skinned but desperate for a nice colour. I will be topping her up next week when she leaves to go back to rainy England but so want her to be happy with her first tan. Thanks

Hi everyone, just received my samples and would like to ask colin what % is the Illusion rapid. I have a friend willing to let me try this sample out on her tomorrow, she is fair skinned but desperate for a nice colour. I will be topping her up next week when she leaves to go back to rainy England but so want her to be happy with her first tan. Thanks

We have trialled it on a few different skin types in our salon. I have quite fair skin and never go higher than an 8% and i found that after leaving the rapid tan on for 2-3 hours it was a gorgeous colour like i had been on holiday, just like the Organics 8% but without having to leave it on overnight.

HTH!

xx:hug:xx

The one hour Illusion rapid tan doesn't have a DHA % quoted as the concept is completely different to the other solutions in the organic's range

The depth of tan outcome depends on two variants
Firstly the reaction time specific individuals have to DHA....some react faster than others and of course the skin type of the individual concerned.

For example two different individuals one say reacts faster and has an olive skin type will come out darker than another individual who reacts slowly and say has a light skin type.

The trick is to leave the tan on for 3 hrs and then wash off...if due to your skin type reaction you want the tan outcome lighter simply reduce the exposure time to say 2 hrs...if darker is needed then up the exposure time.
Remember though the longer the exposure time the more post moisturising maintenance and per tan prep needs to be undertaken

So in addition to the rapid tan issue this is truly a solution for most if not all skin types...simply adjust the exposure time to suit your specific skin types and depth of colour outcome required

HTH and good luck with your trials :hug:

Thanks for replying, will post on here tomorrow as I had to postpone the trial, busy with other tans. I am using Xen tan at the moment and although my clients and I love the colour - it is so tacky. The thought of any solution going on kind of dry is a dream come true for me. Thanks again

For those of you who currently use organics, which % would you say is the most popular?

I am ready to order my first bottle and was thinking of going for the 10% as this is what I use on most of my clients at the moment (LA Tan Gold 10.5%).

Such a shame that it still only comes in litre bottles, as opposed to 500ml, as I would have liked to order a few different ones and this would have been more affordable initally.

8 and 10 is most popular at my salon. If your client base tends to go towards 10 then I would say that would be a good percentage to start off with :hug:

Morning all,

Used the organics Illusion Rapid on a friend last night. She is my favourite guinea pig as she follows all pre tan advice to the letter and is tan free for over 6 weeks. I was very disappointed with the result, hardly any change at all in her colour after 3 hours. The solution does feel much drier than all other solutions I have tried which is certainly more comfortable for the client but certainly does not result in a tan I could charge for. Oh well, back to xen tan and the drawing board. If anyone out there knows of any tips on how to relieve the tackiness of xen, please let me know.

Ok,

My guinea pig has just called me to say she is over the moon with the tan she has woke up with this morning. I have yet to see it so I am holding my breath but if it is as good as she says it is, and believe me, over the past couple of years, she has tried out a lot of solutions, I have found my dry solution with a quick wash off period - hallelujah!!!!!!

Morning all,

Used the organics Illusion Rapid on a friend last night. She is my favourite guinea pig as she follows all pre tan advice to the letter and is tan free for over 6 weeks. I was very disappointed with the result, hardly any change at all in her colour after 3 hours. The solution does feel much drier than all other solutions I have tried which is certainly more comfortable for the client but certainly does not result in a tan I could charge for. Oh well, back to xen tan and the drawing board. If anyone out there knows of any tips on how to relieve the tackiness of xen, please let me know.

I know what you mean. It is dissapointing when you shower after 3-4 hours as the tan does look quite pale. But, even though I was told by a fellow geek that the tan is fully developed after this time, it definately is not! It carries on developing over the next 8 hours or so and it is noticibly darker in the morning.

Ok,

My guinea pig has just called me to say she is over the moon with the tan she has woke up with this morning. I have yet to see it so I am holding my breath but if it is as good as she says it is, and believe me, over the past couple of years, she has tried out a lot of solutions, I have found my dry solution with a quick wash off period - hallelujah!!!!!!
Thank goodness for that...you got me worried (and confused) for a moment there :eek::lol::hug:

Your in Greece ...is that right....that's a long way for us to be sending samples LOL

Glad your customer is happy with the outcome :hug:

I know what you mean. It is dissapointing when you shower after 3-4 hours as the tan does look quite pale. But, even though I was told by a fellow geek that the tan is fully developed after this time, it definately is not! It carries on developing over the next 8 hours or so and it is noticibly darker in the morning.

After trialling it on various skin types we found the development times and depth of colour will vary from person to person, on some it does darken considerably as the hours go by where as others have a lovely colour straight away and the colour will hardly change at all.

We can't get enough of it!

xx:hug:xx

Hi all,

I have just scrutinized the Organics Rapid Tan from last night and yes, it has developed so much more since the wash off period. My client is very happy with it but it must be said that she only ever wants a glow. She is fair skinned and this is an ideal colour for her. For me the dry solution and the wash off period of 3 hours is a godsend. My big question is would this solution (illusion rapid) be dark enough for my clients who definitely prefer to go two to three shades darker? I suppose I will just have to keep experimenting with different skin types. Anyone elses feedback would be greatly appreciated. Ha, ha Collin you didn't send the samples to Greece, you sent them to my pasty white friend on the promise I would make her gorgeous if she delivered them to me!!!!!

I hope its ok to change the topic just for 1 min as I didn't really want to start a new thread as their has prob been one already!! Anyway I sprayed my sister last night with tantrick autum gold and just wanted to share my findings with you all!! I must add, I wasn't sure there was only min amount of colour guide and it was the first time I have sprayed without a colour guide so was like OMG!! Here we go!!! My sis who is also my best guinea pig have been on phone all day to me saying how much she is in love with her tan today!! She has had MANY tans over past few years, from mobile therapists to the poshest salons in town and she said this is by far the best she is in love with it!!! She's even coming down as we speak on the bus as she wants to show me the colour she also praised my tannin skills.....finally and gave me. 99.9 perfect lol because I wiped her wrist with tissue after as I usually do and that has left tiny patch but only she knows its there!! So I am today very very happy with tantrick, so thank you colin and catherine for the samples....I still got organics and other samples but I think its going to be hard to beat this one!! I may use this as my more expensive tan at £20 as I'm sure when clients see the results they would prefer to pay the extra!! So yay very very happy customer! Xxxxx becky xx

Hi :)

I received my samples yesterday and tried the 8%, I've been amazed by it! I normally hate being sprayed because its so cold but this was absolutely fine, I did feel slightly tacky at first but it dried very quickly with minimal sticky residue, i was able to get dressed properly, even put my bra on and don't have white lines where the tans rubbed off :) but...I have just showered the colour guide off and the tan is rubbing off my shoulders :( It's not where my bra straps were and I don't have dry skin on this area so its not that, i did feel ever so slightly tacky around my shoulders yesterday so maybe a little too much solution to this area? I WILL persevere as everything else about this tan has been incredible!

Has anyone else had this problem or able to offer suggestions?

Thanks,

Sarah x

I got sprayed with the rapid tan yest! I left it on for about 5 hours and am very pleased with the colour today!! Its gorgeous! Very natural looking tan and colour xx

Actually...SCRAP my last post, I've had a blonde moment...I just went and had another look n thought to myself that it looks like peeling skin from sunburn.....then i remembered i actually caught the sun whenever it was that we had a sunny day up here in Cumbria.... only realised now because of the tan :rolleyes:

So...this tan is amazing! The colour is beautiful and i can't wait to try the rapid tan!

Sarah x

Last edited:
Hi Gee,

Can I just ask how long you left the 8% on before showering? Thanks

ooh quite a long time! I actually forgot i'd been tanned, which is amazing! i was going to wash off after 8 hours, but kids, watching x-factor teamed with no sticky feeling made me forget. There was no transfer onto sheets either last night. So the tan was on for about 20 hours...

Love this tan!

Thanks Gee,

Please keep us posted on how it fades etc., I am getting quite excited about using this one exclusively, ticking all the boxes at moment.

Latest posts

Back