Quantcast

out of date name on certificates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Ditzy

Reaction score
Mods please feel free to move this, as I was unsure where to put it!!

All my certificates have my married name on, and I'm now back to my maiden name.

I was just wondering what I should do in this situation, should I take a copy of the deed poll letter when going to interviews to prove it is me? Also, what about displaying your certificates on the wall, with the wrong surname on?

HHHMMMMM:rolleyes:!

rouge

Reaction score
Hi. I had the same problem when I got married so I emailed CIBTAC which is my awarding body, to ask if I needed to renew my certificates under my new name. They assured me that it was not a problem as that was the name I was known under at the time the certificate was awarded. So I would think if you take some proof of your name change (just to be on the safe side in case a prospective employer queries it) you won't have a problem.

Ditzy

Reaction score
Hi. I had the same problem when I got married so I emailed CIBTAC which is my awarding body, to ask if I needed to renew my certificates under my new name. They assured me that it was not a problem as that was the name I was known under at the time the certificate was awarded. So I would think if you take some proof of your name change (just to be on the safe side in case a prospective employer queries it) you won't have a problem.
I thought this might be the case, thanks:).

What about having the certificates on the wall of the place you work? Is there any issue regarding the name being different to that which you are known as now?

rouge

Reaction score
A couple of people have asked, and I just told them that the certificates are in my maiden name and that my insurance company are fine with them as they are, so it's not been a problem, tbh.

Cathie!

Reaction score
I'm sure you could get your certificates reissued for a fee....have you contacted the relevant issuers about this, I guess that you don't really want to be displaying your old married name anymore :hug:

Latest posts