Overdone brillantine removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liana kay

Reaction score
Has anyone any bright ideas? My 12 year old son absolutely saturated his hair in thick brilliantine ( Its like solid vasaline , i usually warm a little in my hands) . Ive dry shampooed it twice with washing up liquid , its not thick and gunky anymore , more like really really greasy . I am thinking of using vinegar?

Lemon juice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here in Canada, mechanics use a product to clean their hands that is really good at getting rid of oil on their hands. I think it is a gojo brand. Don't know if that helps or not. I would try this, and then shampoo it out and condition it.

ah , swarfega, dont know if I can get my hands on that before school!

Has anyone any bright ideas? My 12 year old son absolutely saturated his hair in thick brilliantine ( Its like solid vasaline , i usually warm a little in my hands) . Ive dry shampooed it twice with washing up liquid , its not thick and gunky anymore , more like really really greasy . I am thinking of using vinegar?

Put washing up liquid on his hair dry, leave it for 5/10 then see how that goes.

Put washing up liquid on his hair dry, leave it for 5/10 then see how that goes.

Try another oil, cooking oil even, hopefully this will coat the hair and let the thicker one slide off, then it's just a normal shampooing to remove the cooking oil.
The hottest water his head can handle and rinse for around 10 mins.
Washing powder, talcum powder, even shake n vac, hopefully it will absorb the oils and be able to be brushed out.
Makeup remover for oily makeup?
And my last idea.... Hand sanitizer ( someone used permanent marker on my face when I was drunk, I used bleach, soap, hair bleach, deodorant and as my last attempt I used a alcohol based hand sanitizer and poof off it was gone)

Best of luck xoxo

Latest posts

Back