P/W in NZ - Nail Fashions NZ

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eni

Reaction score
In my head (that scary place) P/W is a "summer look" but I have noticed that not many people here (Wellington) actually like/want pink and whites.

(The other part of my brain also says that the P/W trend is probably on the way out as a whole...but that could just be me).

Mind, a lot of the people I have been doing are either mums who want either a manicure, nail neaten and maybe a clear nno for strength or people in the 16-20 YO group who just want to be able to polish their nails in really bright or really dark colours. And we are in the middle of summer here....

So people, an enquiry.....how many P/W are you doing? What makes up the bulk of your work - natural overlays with polish? NNO's, Nail art?

If you would tell me where you are so I can see if there is a regional trend/thing going on I'd appreciate it.

Hi Enie

All my young clients have p&w but the rest are a bit more out there and prefer colour. Have a look at my website - Touched by Colour | ......nails are an extension of your personality.....

The client I did yesterday had neon pink, yellow and green with black stripes plus they were stilettos. They look amazing.

My sister-in-law lives in Balclutha and most of her clients have colour as well.

What do you wear normally?

Hi I live in Wanganui and I mainly do Pink n Whites, people here are not into trying new things lol

I'm a colour girl normally, but I put on a set of P/W to try to get some more P/W sets done (need it for my EZF certification - P/W sculpts and tips)....and most people are like "oh thats nice, but not for me".

Honestly? I don't really like P/W on myself because they have to be so loong to look normal on my stubby little fingers....he he and they aren't really practical for me so I kind of see why they aren't uuber popular.

I did some observations in Welly CBD last weekend and if I saw maybe two P/W out of fifty people that was alot. Most women here are wearing colour.....sort of interesting actually.

Peace
N

Last edited:
Hi Esther,

Thats interesting.....maybe its more popular in smaller towns (not that Wanganui is the boondocks mind).....I had an observation day in Welly CBD last weekend and most of the people who had nails that were done were painted, not many P/W at all....hmmmm

Thanx!
N.

I'm a mix - I have clients that are natural nail, NNO, couple of p&w and also glitter french and painted. No designer nails yet, :lol: they love them on me but wont wear them themselves.

ps: Im in Aucks

In Tauranga we were doing p&w's all day every day, with colour tips here and there... not much art.
Where I am now, they are only offered 'Go-30's', but havent seen many enhancements around at all. Im thinking I need to do a bit of practice and get back into it!

Hi Ya
I do about 80% pink and white acrylic, fingers and especially toes right now. The rest is mostly pink with polish, mani and pedi. My clients range from 20 to mid 50's but most are 20 to 35. It's a funny thing though here in christchurch french is everywhere. You can't walk down the street without seeing it dominate nails but I was in wellington for a concert a couple of weekends ago and only saw a couple of pink and whites the whole 3 days I was there. I was quite shocked.
Also my clients with pink and white don't change seasonally they have them all year around. Although I do way more colored acrylics and art in summer. The pink and white toes are definatly a seasonal thing here though. I spend a couple of weeks at the beginning of spring doing toes toes and more toes.

Last edited:
Im a hop across the big pond so i cant say much for your area but p&w's are going strong over here! lol... too strong

Odd over here in Welly isn't it? I think maybe cos its a bit more...um...I don't know...its either wild and outrageous or boring as hell. LOL

Funny that, glad I'm not the only one who noticed it either.

Latest posts

Back