**||Pantone & Sephora Join Forces To Tell Us What's Cool||**

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, here at Salon Geek HQ we are as keen as anyone to know what’s cool and what’s not but as Pantone, “the global authority on colour and the provider of professional colour standards for design industries” and Sephora join forces to launch the colour trends of 2012, it got us thinking...who says they get to decide and, more to the point, should we listen?

The colour of 2012 will be Tangerine Tango and designers such as Tommy Hilfiger are already incorporating this into their Spring collections and as we all know, the beauty industry will not be far behind. This, of course, will be reinforced by Sephora who will be stocking a collection featuring a variety of products including eye shadows, lipsticks, lip gloss, nail polish and accessories.

Products across the beauty industry will no doubt follow this trend and before we know it we’ll find ourselves telling anyone who’ll listen – clients, friends, family, the man stood next to us in the bus stop - that Tangerine Tango is this season’s on-trend colour.

Thus, I find myself left with some unanswerables: Does it matter? Do we listen? Does it help us as professionals to know about and follow these trends? Do we care?

I await your wise responses.

Until then...Geek On.

The Ed.

Attachments

• 17_1463_Tangerine_Tango.jpg
    17_1463_Tangerine_Tango.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 445
Hey Ed -
I have mixed views. I do like to be on trend when it comes to colours in beauty ie whats hot / not etc. As to what I wear - well I wear colours that I know look good on me - whether they are on trend or not.

To know orange will play a big part in 2012 helps nail pros make decisions and helps them steer their customers on the 'whats hot now' path - but most folks will go with what they feel comfortable in or what looks good on them (and that is not always the same thing lol):lol:

Well I know from very recent experience that this is the case :wink2: but it's just a colour! When has the 'colour' wearing population all worn the same colour? It's just a starting point and a 'story'. We will all end up wearing what we like or what suits us :cool:

I can hear the Oompa Loompas rejoicing from here! Lol.

In all honesty, I don't follow anyone or anything. Trend forecasting is a guide to me. When I first saw the article on this I laughed my head off cos my first car was "Tangerine" and don't you just now we had that sucker painted lipstick red as soon as feasible? lol.

That being said there are those who follow the trends to the "t" and well I think its lazy but hey, no one really asked my opinion. I know what looks good on me and I have a pretty good eye as to what works for others - taking in their colouring, body size and shape and general personality. If someone asks me, I tell em what I see and let em go from there.

Nothing worse than a 55year old woman in neon....because its on trend. OMG. No. Just no.

JMHO

Nancy

I've just died my hair copper - so I'm clearly ahead of the trends - so I'm all for Orange!! Haha

Omg don't wear orange with copper hair lol.

Omg don't wear orange with copper hair lol.

Hahah definitely not! I just had to change my make up and everything :( took a shine to pink just before I done it and some of my new jumpers do NOT suit my copper hair!

I always wondered who decided what each seasons colours were going to be. Especially when you'd see some colours and think you wouldn't be caught dead wearing those colours.

Personally I can't see me wearing tangerine next year but I'm sure there will be people who it looks fabulous on - I just won't be one of them. I stick to colours that suit me, I don't follow the trend. For me black is always in fashion.

Funnily enough, one of the local libraries here, their colour scheme is orange and white. They're going to be so in next year...lol

Personally I would say no, not everyone can get away with a certain colour but there will always be variations on a theme or colour.

The catwalks would have us wearing near naked clothing with see through blouses and no bras, would I be seen out and about like that, nope Mr Ed, certainly not lol.

I'm happy to wear what I think suits me and my shape and not be goverened by others. Show your individuality I say!! :wink2:

Latest posts

Back