Paper Bags

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoebe_cat

Reaction score
Ok, I'll hold my hands up... I'm not one of the most environmentally concious people in the world, but I try, (I don't drive, so that gives me brownie points, yeah!)

Anyway, packaging and plastic bags, do annoy me. I sometimes come home from a shopping trip and once I'm sorted out my pile of bags, packaging, price tags etc, etc is sometimes bigger than the pile of actual products I've bought :eek:

The budget today has set me thinking about how I want to package my retail items. The amount I sell, the new taxes won't send me into bankruptcy, but it has made me think about doing something.

I currently use the small pink carrier bags from Creative, and so am looking for an alternative.

I've browsed t'internet for printed paper bags that I could put my logo and contact details on, but all the places I've found are min order quantities of over 1000. I understand why, because of print runs etc. but, I'd never get through that amount unless I put my clients treatment receipts in a bag each visit, lol!

So..... I'm looking for some brainstorming here. How can we promote our businesses with our packaging, at the same time not adding to environmental problems AND without the packaging costing more than the profit we make on a £6 bottle of Solar Oil!

How about printing your logo and details on a sticky label and putting it on a plain bag, or using the label to seal the bag with the purchase inside it??

How about printing your logo and details on a sticky label and putting it on a plain bag, or using the label to seal the bag with the purchase inside it??

great idea xxxx

God, what a simple and really effective idea is that! Can't believe I didn't think of that! The type of bag I was looking at was the brown paper kind with paper handles like you get an Indian take away in, this would work perfectly! :hug:

Glad to help! xxx

I staple a business card to the top of mine. Or also I went in a shop the other day where the lady had a little rubber stamp made up with her details on which she stamped on the bag. x

you can get the brown paper bags with handles from Home Bargains, called sandwich bags.

I used these for my goodie bags for my open evening, and got an OHM sign and sprayed it in copper.

This might be a very silly question Hippy chick but what is an OHM sign? Love that idea btw xx

Latest posts

Back