Paraffin Wax on hairy feet!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amethyst_Angel

Reaction score
Hello peeps!

Wonder if any of you could shed some light on this query...

I've just invested in a paraffin wax bath and I can't wait to test it out! Unfortunately, my only nearby victim is my other half... who has hairy hands and feet. :eek:

Please could you knowledgable peeps let me know if it would still be okay to go ahead and practice on my gorgeous hairy bloke? I just don't want a paraffin wax turning into a... well... a different kind of wax!!! :Scared:

Would peeling off the wax peel off the hair or will it all be just okay? I don't want to scare my darling other half off so early on in my training as I'll need him later to practise other things on!!! :lol:

It will be fine Honey, it may pull very slightly, but the wax won't stick to the hair.

Ha ha - im not clued up on the technical side but when I was a "victim" it didnt hurt at all when the wax was removed, when the wax was applied I found the brush method most comfortable for both hands and feet.

For his sake make sure the wax isnt too hot - that hurts :Scared: If he is anything like me he will sit there pretending everything is fine and then there will be that point where you just cant take it no more - naturally this wasnt the brush method and thats why brush is the preference for me.

Hi
It won't stick to the hairs on his feet!
We were taught to also put some foot cream/mask over the feet before putting the paraffin wax onto them - brushing the wax on with a brush over a bowl then putting the feet into plastic liners then booties - it can be a little bit messy putting the wax on though.
Hope that helps x

Hairy hands and feet are fine to do. Use a good quality wax, I find that the pellets are not great. Its best to keep the hands or feet in the bags and either peel away or grasp the hands and slightly push against the wax until the seal has been broken if you are worried about the hairs pulling!! Hope it makes sense! hth

i made the mistake of not putting the wax on to my other halfs feet thick enough so when it came to peeling it away he yelped!!!!...oh how i laughed but i did learn by my mistake.....but thankfully it doesn't work like a real waxing its just not sticky enough i should imagine.
just remember to apply the wax as thick as possible approx 4-5 coats and that should be fine for him. hth:rolleyes:

If you make sure that you apply either a thick moisturiser or a massage oil all over the foot first, and then a good think coating of wax, you shouldn't have a problem.

hth:hug:

That's fantastic, peeps!!!

Thank you very much for all your advice!

I had these horrible visions that he'd be bald and screaming!! :eek:

Hee hee hee!!!

Anyway... if he *does* complain I'll just tell him to take it like a man and be thankful that I'm not using sticky wax on him!!!! :lol:

Anyway... if he *does* complain I'll just tell him to take it like a man and be thankful that I'm not using sticky wax on him!!!! :lol:

Absolutely!!:lol::lol::lol:

You could try waxing his hairy feet the day before,pmsl....Only kidding:green: As said good thick layer and a protective layer of either moisturiser or warm oil prior to applying the wax will be more than adequate at forming a barrier not to mention giving a sumptuous conditioning treatment.:cool:

Latest posts

Back