Paraffin wax treatments/how long/how many sessions...?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewNailsbyJulie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have got my little paraffin wax heater (Babyliss) ready to do mobile manicures and am working on my prices and timings..I can melt the wax at home (the pot has a lid) so by the time I get to the client it is at the right temp (I will test it of course) to work with if they are wanting it as a therapy without a manicure.

I just wanted to know how long is ideal to leave a clients hands in the heated mitts, can it be for quite a while if the client finds it relaxing? Are the benefits better the longer the treatment or is just a short amount of time sufficient? The same question applies to a hot oil and heated mitts treatment?

Generally how long does anyone allow for those treatments when mobile?

Also, if someone has problems such as arthritis, will they need a few treatments before feeling the benefit or will they feel it straight away, and when it does ease the pain etc. will it all come back if they stop the treatments? How many treatments are advisable or does this vary depending on the medical problem?

I am about to do mobile manicures plus oil and paraffin wax in heated mitts treatments.

But what is the correct way to write these on my price lists etc?

I like the following but what does anyone else think?

Warm paraffin wax
Warm oil ('Hot' oil may scare people off?)

I am about to go mobile with my manicures, hot oil and paraffin wax treatments but was wondering what anyone charges for the oil or wax in heated mitts without a manicure?

Also, should I do some kind of discount for my 'senior' clients?

I am only going to do one kind of manicure which is file and cuticle work/citrus soak/hand massage/polish colour or french/nail oil, as anything less will be charged at less which doesn't leave much for me when you take away my time and travalling costs etc. Exfoliation or hot oil or paraffin wax are all charged extra if required. Any thoughts on this?

I have paraffin wax as an add-on service, I like it this way as its not something that everyone asks for to start with so I sometimes just add it in for free for them to try out, they also then think they are getting extra value! and mostly once they have tried it will request it again

xx

Oh we were advised not to use paraffin wax with hot mitts as it can be too hot!

Hi,

I offer paraffin treatments as an add on after a treatment or as a full manicure or pedicure.

Usually, I will have my client stay in the mittens for 10-15 mins. By then, the wax would have cooled off.

I normally give discounts for seniors. It gives them a chance to spoil themselves, and they appreciate it, when you consider them!

hth x x

Thanks girls for the replies......yes, great idea to do the wax as an add on which I have stated on my leaflets and even better idea to do it as a freebie to get clients interested as I think a lot of them will not be sure of it at first.

I have tried it myself and the wax cools really quickly once on my hand and doesn't stay hot when not in liquid form. I had my heated mitts on the 'hot' setting which was lovely but they are made by 'Hive' and have a lower temp if some clients are getting a bit hot.

But hands build up a bit of heat even if just covered in oil or cream, then placed in a plastic bag and wrapped in towels for a while and the oil is absorbed by the skin really quickly.

hi hun i places hands/feet in the bag then in a warm towel or normal mits which erver you have but not heated mits as you need the wax to cool. I find the effects are instant especially in clients with dry/mature skin but people with problems like pain etcc id recommend 6 treatments. the effects do wear off but its lke that when using anything, nothing lasts forever but it beats taking pills imo. i also use it as an add on to a manicure and i also do a facial paraffin wax which is lush :)

Latest posts

Back