Paraffin Wax treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottishjoy

Reaction score
Hi all

Paraffin wax treatments are something im really interested in. I'd love to be able to offer this to my clients. I have a couple of male clients who are manual workers and their hands are really quite dry and i'm thinking this would help.

Basically what im wondering is if it would be best to do some training in paraffin wax treatments or is this something i can master on my own? If anyone knows of any training courses in Scotland and could let me know i'd be most grateful.

Cheers
Joy :)

Paraffin wax was covered in my basic manicure course... not sure if anyone offers it seperately? :confused: Hope you find what you need! :hug:

yeah its becoming more and more apparent that the basic manicure training i did was pretty pants!

I've booked onto a cnd natural nails manicure course for the end of next month because firstly i want to start using their systems and secondly because as i said theres just wee things that i shouldve been taught that i clearly havent! That'll teach me for wasting money on crap training!

i dont really like paraffin wax! i think its out of date in my opinion!and i dont like to use it! i find it messy and a faffy! personally i lovee the CND almond spa manicure range! which im sure youll fall in love with after uve done the training! they have a lovley almond masque that looks like sprakly honey! and smells good enough to eat!

i find that the masque deeply penetrates the skin and really moisturizes deep down!! and leaves the clients hands smelling fab! were as parafin wax i finds just sits on top of the skin and doesnt really sink in!
if you go on CND - Creative Nail Design, Professional Nail, Hand and Foot Beauty Products - Artificial Acrylic Nails and Brisa Gel. and sign up to the pro bit they have some really good video tutorials using the almond spa manicure products!
and if i was going to have a manicure i think personally i would prefur to have a luxury masque the has high quality oils and vitamins in it and just plain OLD parafin wax!
x

i dont really like paraffin wax! i think its out of date in my opinion!and i dont like to use it! i find it messy and a faffy! personally i lovee the CND almond spa manicure range! which im sure youll fall in love with after uve done the training! they have a lovley almond masque that looks like sprakly honey! and smells good enough to eat!

i find that the masque deeply penetrates the skin and really moisturizes deep down!! and leaves the clients hands smelling fab! were as parafin wax i finds just sits on top of the skin and doesnt really sink in!
if you go on CND - Creative Nail Design, Professional Nail, Hand and Foot Beauty Products - Artificial Acrylic Nails and Brisa Gel. and sign up to the pro bit they have some really good video tutorials using the almond spa manicure products!
and if i was going to have a manicure i think personally i would prefur to have a luxury masque the has high quality oils and vitamins in it and just plain OLD parafin wax!
x

I agree with you about the wonderful affect that the CND Spa Manicure has on the skin, but don't be too quick to discount parrafin wax treatments either; parrafin can be incorporated with CND Spa treatments. Parrifin may have been around a long time, but it is the lasting heat from the parrafin which is the thing not the parrafin itself.
The heat is so soothing and helps other products to penetrate even more deeply plus it is very soothing and effective. It may seem a bit messy but believe me it does help most products to do an even better job. I love using parrafin wax.

Hi
Im using paraffin wax at the moment alot - its good for warming up the muscles, good for softening cuticles as well as the tissues and its so relaxing for the client, everything has its place and in winter I believe that its a good treatment to include. Im using chocolate paraffin wax at the moment.

ino its prob lazy but i do prefur to just pop the heated mitts on over the masque, i find also they great if your doing a pedi and can just pop some almond hydrating cream on and the mitts as a extra treat for a client were as to use parrafin would take abit longer!

( oh and sorry about my spelling and cap Gigi got a new laptop and keep pressing the wrong keys and im not the best speller at the best of times! :) ) x

x

I know what you mean about spa manicure products. Many are excellent, and far less messy to use than paraffin wax. But paraffin - in my opinion - still has it's place. It feels lovely and retains it's heat so well - this makes it excellent for those with joint problems, for a start. I may be 'old fashioned', and I'm probably in the minority, but I still love paraffin wax. :hug:

Lol, I'm NOT the only one then! (Serves me right for taking over 10 mins to type my post & press 'submit'). :lol:

Latest posts

Back