Parent/Teacher Inverviews - I feel sick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyseeker

Reaction score
Ok now I know its going to be OK, BUT I FEEL SICK.

Her report has been great, so good her dad has said she can finaly have a TV in her bedroom, she will be 14 in April but I dont think kids should have them in their rooms, that prob. just me.

So I know they are going to say lovely things about her, but ITS PARENT TEACHER INTERVIEWS.

There is just something about them - I just know I am going to be sweaty, beetroot faced woman with a stutter and shaking hands.

I must get a large bottle of rescue remedy and drink it before we go, oh and a hand held fan, and a can of deodorant, what have I forgotten .........

Bless ya huni......i use to get nervous of these when it came to my son...(he use to be terrible teen!!!)......but now i show confidence because the teachers want to see it..........and all my children have TVs in there rooms......they don't always watch them .....they do read aswell !! xxxxxx

Bless ya huni......i use to get nervous of these when it came to my son...(he use to be terrible teen!!!)......but now i show confidence because the teachers want to see it..........and all my children have TVs in there rooms......they don't always watch them .....they do read aswell !! xxxxxx

I know that not all kids are glued to the TV's in their bedrooms and there are going to be rules, believe you me.

I will try to put on a confident front (me shrivelling up like an onion flake) :rolleyes:

My other half (claireabella) is a teacher, if its any concolation she says the teachers get just as nervous!!! :lol:

Oh I am sure they do, and I am sympathetic to them. They have to put up with awful parents of horrid nasty kids. :eek:

Its just me and my insecurities and lack of confidence which I dont want to pass onto my daughter, maybe its just a mum thing.

:hug:

Stand tall chuck your bleeding FABULOUS!!!!

Aaawwww! Bless ya! Wonder why you feel this way!? At least your going anyway! Good luck hun! x

My 4 year old has her first one tomorrow, we couldnt make last terms one.
I'm kinda excited:lol:

You probably feel like YOU are back at school...!!!!

Thank goodness we don't have parent/teacher evenings here....they just do a collective whole class afternoon thing here...

I rarely go because they speak Valenciano at my childrens school which I don't understand....:rolleyes:

I know how you feel hun, teachers do things to me too.
It's not them as a person it's simply cos you get the odd one that's up their own **** and then you tend to be on guard.
I never let them see any weakness but i brick it when i have to go.

LoL you with the rescue remedy, don't take too much, they'll think you're off your rocker :lol:

Deep breaths, head up high, lots of eye contact then pass out in the car park afterwards:!:

I know that not all kids are glued to the TV's in their bedrooms and there are going to be rules, believe you me.

I will try to put on a confident front (me shrivelling up like an onion flake) :rolleyes:

You will be great hun.....i beleive in you xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone, I just knew you would all give me a boost. I shall read all your posts before I go. Think of me at 5.35 at the first one "Maths" ohherr.:eek:

Oh my lord, I know just how you feel!

My daughter went to a terrible primary school, and I was always there.....arguing with the teachers!!! Dont get me wrong, I'm not the "my little angel wouldnt do anything wrong" parent, but this school was practically calling her backward. They even sent her home with a letter and told her "you had better give this to your mum so she can come in and discuss your terrible progress" - she was 6!! The fact of it was that she had a teacher that scared the wits out of her and she didnt have any confidence. Anyway, thats a different story.

I used to go to school, stand in the reception, and if you can imagine a boxer getting psyched up for a fight (jumping up and down, moving head from side to side) I felt like that!!! I was nervous deep down, but I just used to keep telling myself "these people are being paid out of your tax money to provide a service to your child - you call the shots, not them".

Ok, thats probably not the right attitude to have with schools in general, but it was needed with that school! Fortunately she's at secondary school now and Its a brilliant school.:green:

Oh 'chelle that is awful.

My friend Sandra has epilepsy and our primary school told her mum and dad that they would be better putting her into a psychiatric hospital as she would end up in one anyway (this was in the early 1970's).

They knew this was rubbish as Sandra is and was a very intelligent girl. She is now a legal exec for a firm of soicitors her boyfriend is a barrister and she owns her own house and bought a house for her parents.

So that showed that bunch of know nothing useless prats.

Latest posts

Back