Passport panic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louge

Reaction score
Ok time to start panicing! We're supposed to be off on our hols tomorrow to Greece but the boyfriends passport still hasnt turned up!
The passport agency has had the application for over three months and decided last week to reconfirm who I was as I has varified the application. Thought it may have been quite obvious as they had contacted me at the prison! I asked them why they had left it so long especially after several phone calls and them telling us the passport would be with us within a week. It turns out that they sent the form to Belfast as Peterborough was backlogged. Anyway they said the only way that he would definatley get it on time would to be to pay another 45 quid to fasttrack it. They then sent it last Thursday, but to his mums up in Sunderland! She sent it the same day recorded delivery but it hasnt turned up yet. I dont know what he's going to do if it doent turn up by tomorrow. I cant even get hold of his mum to chase up Royal Mail and lets face it they are usless anyway.

AARRRRGHHHHH:eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG!! :eek: Recorded delivery can come any time of the day... What a nightmare! Fingers crossed it turns up on time! X

OMG, NIGHTMARE!!! You ll have to go without him!!!:lol: I ve got a passport, i le take his place!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously, hope it arrives in time, it may come today, sometimes recoreded and special deliveries come by van later on, esp as yesterday was a bank hol.:hug:

that happened a friend of mine a couple of yrs ago. she didnt get her passport till 3 hours before she left. as we live in northern ireland she had to go to the passport office in belfast and collect it before she went to the airport. you could try that but you would have to ring them and let them know that you will be collecting it in case they send it out as you are going to lift it!
hope you get it sorted and have a good holiday!

THank godness it turned up about half hour ago, thought I was going to have lots more spending money just for me and the nipper. Seriously though, Im glad to know he is able to come now, so sorry for any geeks who were packing their cases on standby...put the bikinis back in the draws lol!

Wow, close or what?!
Now you can relax and start getting into holiday mode, just dont forget to take it with you! LOL

Glad its came. I dont like that recorded delivery lark. I sent something once and the 2nd class post got to the same address before the recorded del one. :mad:

Have a great holiday Emma:hug: :hug:

Have a fab time, you can relax now!! :)

I once went on holiday with my parents and discovered that my passport had expired 3 months earlier when we were on our way to the airport. I managed to get a later flight and had to go to london that day to renew it. My parents got on their flight at 6.30am that morning and just left me in gatwick with all my luggage!!!

Luckily after a lot of running around all was well and I joned them about 12 hours later!!

Moral of the story - don't panic just yet!!!

Enjoy your hol. Have a fab time!!:hug:

hiya babe that happened with my kids passports 2 years ago but i only had to pay £4 extra to have them by 1pm the next day..the first person i spoke to told £80 a passport so after speaking to my partner i rang back and got a diffrent lady and a lot better price!but at least you'v got it now and you can relax and enjoy your holiday...oh i wish i was going :green:

Latest posts

Back