Patch testing clients that live miles away - What to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lots of lashes

Reaction score
hi there,
I've been offered the opportunity once trained to do an eyelash surgery (so to speak) every few weeks on a regular basic in a salon that will supply the clients for a fee. Only thing I'm having trouble with is how to go about patch tests and consultations before hand as the salon is a 2 hour drive away.

Any suggestions about the best way to go about this.
All ideas or thought are well come

thanks xx

Can you train someone responsible in the salon to carry out the patch tests?:hug:

Can you train someone responsible in the salon to carry out the patch tests?:hug:

Now there is a good idea.
Do you think that would be acceptable insurance wise as the therapist would not be certificated? xx

thanks Jen :hug:xx

I have no idea so I would call your insurer to check but I know lots of salons train the receptionist to do it as it's very easy to learn. :hug: Make sure to make up a form that the client has to sign saying they have had a patch test with the date and that they will report any reaction.

I have no idea so I would call your insurer to check but I know lots of salons train the receptionist to do it as it's very easy to learn. :hug: Make sure to make up a form that the client has to sign saying they have had a patch test with the date and that they will report any reaction.

I like the idea of it being the receptionist carrying out the patch test rather on a therapist just in case they decide hey i could do this sort of thing and then im not needed any more.:eek:
I will phone about and see what they say.
Do you think it would seem cheeky to ask for a deposit at this stage to secure there appointment. I would hate to drive two hours only to find out that some of the appointments made turn out to be no shows. xx:hug:xx

As someone has already said, I would get receptionist trained in patch test and consultations. I pretty sure this would be ok as our receptionist does tint and perming patch tests. Don't know what's involved in the consulation, but you could maybe do a check list for the receptionist to ask and if any doubts arise they could phone you.

I would take a deposit. If client doesn't want to pay deposit, it usually means they've no intention of turning up and you don't want a wasted journey.

xx

i normally do a lash tint a few days before so at that point do a patch test and consultation so i know what size lashes i will need etc, i personally wouldnt be happy to let anyone else carry out my consultation or patch test incase it wasnt done correctly and all info wasnt taken etc but if i had to do it then prob receptionist maybe :)

Yep I know were your coming from kelshah I would rather do it all myself but its just not practical due to the distance involved and im not trained to do eyelash tints ect so there's more business for the salon.
AllyBallyBee nice to see someone else think I should take a deposit too.

Anyone have any more ideas other than the receptionist?

thanks again xx

hi

i'm sure i read on here about patch tests but cant find it and not sure if it was a tan patch test or eyelash test

but they put either the tan or eyelash colour on a cotton bud then into a air tight bag (think it was a clip sandwich bag) then posted it out to the person to do their own patch test. they also sent along record cards for them to sign and send back before the treatment

i'll keep looking for that post.

hi

i'm sure i read on here about patch tests but cant find it and not sure if it was a tan patch test or eyelash test

but they put either the tan or eyelash colour on a cotton bud then into a air tight bag (think it was a clip sandwich bag) then posted it out to the person to do their own patch test. they also sent along record cards for them to sign and send back before the treatment

i'll keep looking for that post.

sounds interesting will also have a search if you find it first could you come back and post the link please xx

sounds interesting will also have a search if you find it first could you come back and post the link please xx
The problem is you have the same problem of it being carried out correctly, or at all- at least the receptionist is another witness!:lol:

hi

this isn't the topic that i'd read my original findings in but its similar to what i read

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/98483-spray-tan-party-patch-tests.html colin mentions in option one for a spray tan patch test by dipping solution on a cotton bud then wrapping in cling film

i'll keep looking for the original topic

Thanks for that your a star, but Im still not convinced that's the way way to go as all ready mentioned above what happens if they don't carry out there past test properly or don't do it at all. I think training the reception to carry out the consultation and past test seems more professional and that way a deposit could be taken to secure there appointment.

thanks for all your replies everyone xx :hug:

Latest posts

Back