pedicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estherlou

Reaction score
hello, i've had a load of pedicure clients in the past week. for this i seat my clients in a big comfy leather reclining chair, i have my foot spa at the base of the chair and then have the clients feet resting on my lap in turn when i'm working on them. I was trained to do pedicures in this way and also with the client on the couch if that is what they prefer. so far everyone has opted for the chair and said how comfy it was and how relaxed they were.
Whenever i've had pedicures in the past this is how they've been done.
I've seen the therapist stools with leg attatchments but they remind me of the leg stirrups for a trip to the gynaecologist if you know what i mean:lol:
One of my ladies mentioned that she'd had a pedicure with both of her feet on a stool, i've looked about but haven't been able to find one.
just wondering what do you all use?
if anyone could pass on a link so i could check one of these stools out that would be great :)

Hi Esther,we have our clients on the couch,all except when their feet in footspa.They are lovely and relaxed and almost drop off whilst having the treatment.I do love the luxury chairs that vibrate with spa in foot end though.

One day eh!!!:green:

Hi Esther,we have our clients on the couch,all except when their feet in footspa.They are lovely and relaxed and almost drop off whilst having the treatment.I do love the luxury chairs that vibrate with spa in foot end though.

yeah right i'd love to get one of those x:green:

When you say on the couch Babs, do you mean a treatment couch? How do you soak their feet and wash off the various parts of the products during the pedicure when or if a client is sat on the treatment couch?

Hi Esther, I do mine the same as you & haven't had any complaints yet. I suppose it is a question of space & storage, do you have the space for more equipment? Also I've had clients come to me who had been going elsewhere where the treatment was done on the couch & they didn't like it. You won't please all of the people all of the time, so I would stay stick with what you are comfortable with & be confident in it, your client will be relaxed if you are!

Hi,
When I was in the salon we did pedicures with the client sitting on the couch with me sitting at the end, clients loved it & often nearly feel asleep. Now I'm mobile I get the client to sit in a chair of their choice & I sit in front with their foot on my lap. I do have a few clients who can't get their feet up on to my lap, because of hip problems for these ladies I sit on the floor with my pillow & towel on the top of the foot spa, they then put their foot on there.

When you say on the couch Babs, do you mean a treatment couch? How do you soak their feet and wash off the various parts of the products during the pedicure when or if a client is sat on the treatment couch?
Ok Jen,client is on couch,do hard skin removal with client on couch,they get down for foot soak,exfoliation,rinse in spa,then up again for everything else.HTH

Ok Jen,client is on couch,do hard skin removal with client on couch,they get down for foot soak,exfoliation,rinse in spa,then up again for everything else.HTH

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like more hassle than it's worth.

I'd much rather have the client sit in a comfy chair and do everything that way, than get them to get up and down from a couch the whole time ....

Marlise

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like more hassle than it's worth.

I'd much rather have the client sit in a comfy chair and do everything that way, than get them to get up and down from a couch the whole time ....

Marlise
This is how we have always done it Marlise and they only get down to put their feet in the spa,I know what you're saying that's why I said I would rather have a pedi chair.But I can think of nothing more unrelaxing than sitting on a normal chair for an hour.

Our clients dont seem to mind,we have lots of pedicure treatments and once their feet have been exfoliated etc then the client relaxes on a comfy couch where they drift off,listening to relaxing music.:)

I tend to swap and change how I do my pedis, but the majority I have the client sit in the chair for soak and exfoliation, then transfer to the bed for cuticle work, hard skin removal and polish.

Latest posts

Back