People that are late!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxing-gal

Reaction score
I hate when people are late. I book appointments for 3 hours between clients because of this, but I get upset when people are late. My one client today was over 45 mins late! My other client today is already 15 mins late. How long do you let clients be late before you say no I am sorry you missed your appointment. I have a son and a husband and a life outside nails. I only work Saturdays from 9-3 and then call it done for the day. But do book people at 3 if I have overflow.

I don't quite understand what you mean by 3 hours between clients, if you mean you allow 3 hours per client this is probably why some people are so late. They know that even if they are you still have time to carry out their treatment. If this is the case you should seriously consider changing this & only book out the time the treatments take you. People will take advantage otherwise.

If you do this people will know that they have to be on time & you will make much more money as a result!

Last edited:
No I book every 3 hours, but clients dont know this.

No I book every 3 hours, but clients dont know this.

So if someone turns up 45 min late do you still do them? If so they will then figure you have loads of time anyway & still be late. They may not know about your 3 hourly system but they will figure out that being late is acceptable as even when when they do this they are not holding up another client.

Sadly there are lots of people willing to take advantage if they can get away with it.

45mins! I'm sorry but thats taking the mick! unless it is an emergency and I don't have another client booked in then no I would not accept this! I would also say allow your self enough time to greet client, do treatment, book next appt and take payment. Then have a client booked in straight after you will end up losing alot of money otherwise.
I would perhaps state this is your litrature if you are having problems with clients doing this. If it still continued I would suggest stating also that if you do not make appt then they will have to pay cost of treatment anyway or half the cost up to you of course, but it is a business you are running these clients need to realise this! hth
I have only had clients being a max of 15 mins late, always very apologetic and for a genuine reason, and the last one left me a tip of £5 on a £10 treatment, very nice lady! xx

I say, "sorry but I can only give you the time I have left of your appointment as you are late .. the charge however will be as usual. They don't usually do it again after that. This type of behavior is unacceptable from clients and you need to put a stop to it asap. You are enabling clients to be late by accommodating them plus you are loosing money (which is more important).

set your ground rules now! otherwise you will end up with a client list full of serial late comers! do not let them make you feel guilty when they scurry in saying sorry i'm late blah blah blah..... tough s**t you were here waiting for them at the allocated time and believe me they'd have something to say if you werent, so follow geeg's advice, explain the situation and stand firm.

I wouldnt book out extra time. I book out 2 hour appointments. I have never had anyone has late as 45 mins but if i did i would turn them away. I have had a client who was 20 mins late, and i just gave her the time i had left without making my next lady having to sit and wait. So her nails weren't one of my best sets! :D

Last edited:
I give my clients 12 minutes. That's it. If you show up for your 10:00 appt at 10:13 too bad, too sad you have to reschedule. And the best part is... I'm booked solid for 3 weeks at least!!

I have no tollerance for late people. Unless of course they can't help it and are not just dilly dallying around.
I used to allow them 10-15 mins, depending on the treatment. I say used to because it doesn't happen any more. People say to me 'oh but you will lose clients like this' and my answer is well great because I can concerntrate on the ones not costing me time and money!
xxx

I've turned people away before for being late - they always seem slightly surprised.

I've also sent people away for turning up 20mins early and told them to come back at their appointment time because I'm with another client / not ready for them.

Mat

my answer is well great because I can concerntrate on the ones not costing me time and money!
xxx

LOVE your response! :)

I dont mind them turning up early. There is a leather sofa they can take a seat and one of the juniors makes them a cuppa while they wait. Sometimes the early clients finish doing what they were doing in town early and have no where to go so i appiciate they do arrive early rather than late. If im finished with a client earlier, it means i can start on them sooner, but if i haven't had a break for a while, i let them wait until its their appointment time to have lunch and they dont mind. It works if its the other way round also, if im running 5-10 mins late (which is not often but can happen) they dont mind ME being a bit late then. :D
My clients dont mind me juggling there appointments around either. If i have one cancelation, i phone the next one to see if she is able to come in sooner. Mostly they can and appreciate me calling them has they wanted an earlier appointment in the first place but i was already booked at the time. :D

Latest posts

Back