Personal sorry, but what age did you start to get grey hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend kindly pointed out my first grey yesterday! She is a hairdresser and i thought she was having me on until i saw it!
Weird that found this thread day after! :-/

Oh...i'm 19 :( :( :(
Never guess where im off to in the morning!!! Yep, hairdressers!! Haha

Kayleigh xx

I started noticing them about 28, dunno how long the little buggers had been there for! lol I now have a random few right along my parting none underneath typical lol xx

All my family started going grey in their mid 20's. I found one on my parting about 2 years ago and plucked it out and since then I haven't found any others and it hasn't grown back (I expect it sent a warning to the others). I'm 29 now so I'm hoping it will last for a few more years...
:)

My dad had a full head of white hair by the time he was 25, my mum didn't go grey until she was in her 50's but I actually hoped I was going to take after my dad because he kept a full head of very thick wavy hair right up to when he passed away in his late 70's where as my mum's hair became very thin and sparse. I'm now 47 and over the last couple of years I've gone from the odd white hair to the 50% white, quiet evenly spread, my hair has also become lighter, in my 20's my hair was a very dark brown, only a couple of shades above a true black, now it's a mid brown where it's not white. Not that anyone gets to see my natural hair colour, nope, every four weeks it gets it's brown with a hint of red, I might go months without cutting it but I never miss the colour appointment :biggrin:
Oh! Spotted my first white hair at the age of 26.

43 and 3/4. I found my first grey hair at the front of my head. I always ask the hairdresser to check my hair and she states i dont have any more greys.. Though i check constantly. lol. I found a second, again at the front of my head a few weeks ago. Plucked it out..lol.. Touch wood, not found any more since.
All of my family have gone grey very late in life..

I noticed one white piece right near the front on the side of my fringe at 19 but i told myself it was my eyes! lol ignored and then again at 20-21 i looked again and notice just a couple about 2-5 single hairs that were grey/white again thought it was really odd and told myself they weren't real! haha (denial!)

The last 6 months due to lots of ups and downs i've been looking and more aware and due to life I have quite a few in that area now and they are WHITE!!!!! in the same place you can notice them unless i clip my fringe back and i see them and freak out! haha i put a 3/0 semi on them every 2-3 weeks!!! :(

I can't get over how WHITE they are!

Mine sounds like it's in the same place as yours. At the side of my fridge. I used to clip my fringe back, it's so noticeable if I do that now.

I recently started going to a womens boxing class. I scrape all my hair back so it's not in my face getting sweaty. Lol very attractive with a White streak against my dark brown hair.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Mine sounds like it's in the same place as yours. At the side of my fridge. I used to clip my fringe back, it's so noticeable if I do that now.

I recently started going to a womens boxing class. I scrape all my hair back so it's not in my face getting sweaty. Lol very attractive with a White streak against my dark brown hair.

Iv just noticed I said fridge instead of fringe lol

Grey hairs, I wish. Being a guy is really tough. Your hair just disappears.

I was really hoping for some grey to add a bit of distinction, instead I am destined to just go bald.

Grey hairs, I wish. Being a guy is really tough. Your hair just disappears.

I was really hoping for some grey to add a bit of distinction, instead I am destined to just go bald.

Just think of all the bald hotties out there - Vin Diesel, Patrick Stewart, Bruce Willis...to name a few...

I like the really short clippered look on men...phwaor....

Ahhh just pulled out what can only be described as a grey hair...!! On the bright side my hair is growing loads :D x

My lovely ex hairdresser (only ex coz she gave up hair due to personal reasons) told me they weren't gray hairs - they were NATURAL HIGHLIGHTS LOL :)

Grey hair on head doesn't really bother me coz have always played with colour. However, when downstairs starts going ............. thats another matter altogether :eek:

I started to see them at 30, it was hard enough turning 30 let alone finding grey hair!!!

I have a couple of white hairs - they are literally pure white! I actually really like them and would love to wake up to a full head of white hair. My gran has the most beautiful hair - not a grey tinge in sight and not any yelow tones just lovely snowy white :D Since I was a small child I wanted hair like her hehe

oh ! since i was about twenty, it has always been coloured, have no idea what my natural colour actually is, it hasnt started anywhere else yet "thankfully", i think theyre white instead of grey, i hope so, i would love to go all white like my gran and i could just put a toner through, its funny though my mum and dad didnt even have the first sign until they were well into their forties and heres me at 41 and ive had 21 years of colouring because of it, lol

actually my roots are almost all white now, im nearing the stage for an all over bleach just to match my roots, omg

actually my roots are almost all white now, im nearing the stage for an all over bleach just to match my roots, omg

If your almost White use a tint rather then bleach as tint will leave a glossy shine. If you put bleach on grey/White hair you lifting no colour as grey hair is colourless. :) try a hilift

Thanks Simba, x

Latest posts

Back