Phone Scam; warning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBack&Beyond

Reaction score
Geeks - if you get a missed call from any 0766******* numbers - DO NOT ring them back. Aparently this is a scam - you get connected to recording of background noise and apparently charged about £3 - I am checking on the exact costs.

I am lucky that Orange bar the number - but BT refuse to bar it.

0766 is not a traditional mobile number. Do not call it back!

Check out http://whocallsme.com/ - there are loads of reports about all sorts of numbers.

Damn. I got one today 07660960387 and rang back 3 or 4 times. It just said the number you are calling is not available! Checked my account and it cost me £6.99!

Last edited:
I got a missed call to today at 2pm 07660960992 just 2 rings and then hung up - didnt bother calling back as anybody who wants me will leave message

so glad i didnt now

edit - by the way i'm on orange but mine still rang

Thanks for posting this, its obviously the latest scam (or should I say scum) and the way to beat it is to be informed.
going to rep you.:green:

Since being told of a few mobile number scams lately what i've taken to doing is if I miss the call because of being with clients I send a template text saying I was with clients etc.. and then wait to see if they reply. Mostly people send a text back or they will leave a voicemail with their initial call so I know its ok to call them back.

(or should I say scum)
Phew - I was going to say "thieving scumbags" - but thought it might be impolite!:lol:

The only way to kill-off moron activities like this is to share the knowlege so no-one reacts. Tell everyone you know about it!

Latest posts

Back