photo editing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon h

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to take better photos of my nail art and I now know what I need to do in that respect but what I cant seem to find out is once I have cropped and edited my photo ready to publish on my website how do I put a fancy border round the photo and even add my name or text onto the photo? Is there a special sort of software I need for this? Any ideas would be great!

Last edited:
For putting text on photos, I designed an easy to use web application a couple of years ago, Salon Alchemy Watermark - you just choose what text you want going on the image, in which font, and how "opaque" you want the text, and where you want it going on the image, choose the image to upload, click a button and that's it... if that does what you need then it's probably easier and cheaper than buying graphics software like Paint Shop Pro.

Although if you wanted to try some advanced graphics software for free then I'd recommend the GIMP, GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program - which is a free download. Very powerful but not the most easy to use package in the world in my experience though...

I agree about the useability of GIMP Ruth - I could never get my head around it lol

I use Photoshop CS3 and love how it works BUT it isn't cheap to purchase :(

I agree about the useability of GIMP Ruth - I could never get my head around it lol

I use Photoshop CS3 and love how it works BUT it isn't cheap to purchase :(

So saying, I've found that Paint Shop Pro is reasonably cheap to buy (Sonia managed to find a copy on "special" at the QVC outlet store in Shrewsbury a few years ago, bundled with a graphics tablet that we haven't used yet!) - and is also OK to use too (certainly easier than the GIMP)... although the *real* graphics experts (Carl et al) will all swear by Adobe Photoshop!

Sharon, I have a copy of photoshop.. if you need borders etc. done urgently while you think about a long-term solution I'm happy to do it for you (for free).

Just email me your images and what you want done to them - [email protected]

I used to run my own online photography business so I'm used to doing that sort of stuff, it's no hassle at all :hug:

What a lovely offer Catherine - true Geek spirit :hug:

Thank you everyone for replying. And Catherine for the kind offer :) x

Latest posts

Back