Pics of Gel II colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great, thanks. I'm looking to invest in some and was hoping not to have to buy a new lamp x

What is everyone's favourite/most popular colours? And does anybody have any photos of 'Come To Me' and 'Pink Puddle'?

come to me... ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1419021962.694755.jpg

First 3 colours have arrived, can't wait to have a play tomorrow!! :)

Do you still have to do a lot of cuticle work like you do with Shellac?

I now have a few Gel ll colours and application has been a little patchy, usually needing three coats. I'm going to shake for England to see if this resolves it.

Can anyone tell me if there is a French white that can be used with a UV lamp? On the Gel ll site it seems that they all have to be used with led which I don't have.

We don't offer extensions, we only work on the natural nail and the hardest thing we've had to remove is shellac which is obviously pretty easy. Has anyone got some mega tips to help with the removal of Gel ll? Is heat the way to go?

All advice is greatly appreciated.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would also really appreciate any tips on removal. I've just soaked off Gel II for the first time - from my own nails - and it was a nightmare :(. I did exactly the same as I do with Gelish - buff off top coat, soak cotton ball with dsolve, wrap in foil. Gelish always removes easily after 10 mins. The Gel II wouldn't budge! I used a little heat to help things along after re-wrapping for the first time but it made no difference. I'm now dreading removal on my clients - I've been harsher on my nails than I would ever be on a client just in desperation to finally get it off! Help!!

I now have a few Gel ll colours and application has been a little patchy, usually needing three coats. I'm going to shake for England to see if this resolves it.

Can anyone tell me if there is a French white that can be used with a UV lamp? On the Gel ll site it seems that they all have to be used with led which I don't have.

We don't offer extensions, we only work on the natural nail and the hardest thing we've had to remove is shellac which is obviously pretty easy. Has anyone got some mega tips to help with the removal of Gel ll? Is heat the way to go?

Vic x

I was advised to stir all polishes when received in post, then shake before application.

On the leaflet I have it says either LED or UV, so I cure all polishes in my CND UV lamp.

I'm used to shellac removal, so did not find it easy to buff first, so on the advice of someone else, I buff then wrap each nail before moving on to next one, by the time I'm finished all 10 the timer is ready to go off. I find using heat is better.

It doesn't remove like shellac, it crumbles rather than flakes, I'm still getting used to removal! HTH x

I would also really appreciate any tips on removal. I've just soaked off Gel II for the first time - from my own nails - and it was a nightmare :(. I did exactly the same as I do with Gelish - buff off top coat, soak cotton ball with dsolve, wrap in foil. Gelish always removes easily after 10 mins. The Gel II wouldn't budge! I used a little heat to help things along after re-wrapping for the first time but it made no difference. I'm now dreading removal on my clients - I've been harsher on my nails than I would ever be on a client just in desperation to finally get it off! Help!!
Hiya, I felt the same as you when I first removed it. It's very different from Shellac, it does take a little more help than other polishes, I found putting a heated wheat bag helped it budge, also it doesn't flake off it sort of crumbles.

I found practising on a couple of friends helped me get to grips with it. X

Hi I have so far used 2 Of the gel ii colours both of which had shrinkage on each nail at the free edge and cuticle (but mainly free edge) I don't usually buff the nail before applying (as used to using CND) but after the first person had shrinkage I decided on the second to buff - still shrinkage!! Feeling really disappointed as gel ii sounded really good and have brought quite a few colours!! I do the same prep as with CND shellac but I use a generic IPA rather than Dsperse or Scrubfresh. Any ideas??? :-( x

Vic x

Hiyas hun, you need to stir the bottles when they arrive with something, I use a long all metal pin, Give good stir and then shake it will make all the difference x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 220
Hi I have so far used 2 Of the gel ii colours both of which had shrinkage on each nail at the free edge and cuticle (but mainly free edge) I don't usually buff the nail before applying (as used to using CND) but after the first person had shrinkage I decided on the second to buff - still shrinkage!! Feeling really disappointed as gel ii sounded really good and have brought quite a few colours!! I do the same prep as with CND shellac but I use a generic IPA rather than Dsperse or Scrubfresh. Any ideas??? :-( x

Hiyas

Are you making sure to cleanse the nail and free edge, plus making. Sure to wait until totally dry hun? This can make. A big difference as can giving the colours a good stir :)

Vic x

The French white cures in uv and LED the arctic white is only LED curable :)

Hiyas

Are you making sure to cleanse the nail and free edge, plus making. Sure to wait until totally dry hun? This can make. A big difference as can giving the colours a good stir :)

Hi Maz

Thanks for the reply :) yes fully cleanse the nail plate and free edge in IPA and for the last client waited at least 5 mins and made sure they were dry. Also have stirred them all with a orange wood stick and given them a good shake. At a loss now :-/ might give Creative Beauty a ring on Monday and see what they suggest. I know they do a Gel ii cleanse but it's out of stock at the min. Xxx

Hi Maz

Thanks for the reply :) yes fully cleanse the nail plate and free edge in IPA and for the last client waited at least 5 mins and made sure they were dry. Also have stirred them all with a orange wood stick and given them a good shake. At a loss now :-/ might give Creative Beauty a ring on Monday and see what they suggest. I know they do a Gel ii cleanse but it's out of stock at the min. Xxx

Yes the cleanse should be back I'm stock soon I heard, Im using gellux prep and cleanse from capital, seems to work ok in the meantime, obviously the correct cleanse product is better and can't wait to get some stock but seems too be ok

Hi I have now tried two colours and have found that after I have applied the top coat and wiped they loose the shine. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I am leaving a good 20 secs before wiping with dsperse. Never had this problem with Shellac or Gelish. Not sure how thick I am supposed to apply?

As I've been Shellac I haven't had to buff the nails, do I so this before wiping with IPA or after?! I know it's probably a stupid question but not quite sure!x

You don't have to always buff the nails and I haven't on any of my clients, but if you did would be a gentle buff just to loose shine and them wipe let dry and then apply colour x

Hi I have now tried two colours and have found that after I have applied the top coat and wiped they loose the shine. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I am leaving a good 20 secs before wiping with dsperse. Never had this problem with Shellac or Gelish. Not sure how thick I am supposed to apply?
I've never had this problem, what top coat are you using? x

Latest posts

Back