Pink and white acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseDavidNailDesign

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I see this section is a little quiet lately, but I wanted to share these. I've been working really hard on my L and P smile lines. Would love to know what you think! Thanks for looking :Look_righ

Your smiles look v smiley and consistent which is always a tough one to manage.
Good job these look great :biggrin: xx

I think you've done a lovely job :)
xx

I think your hard work is paying off.
The smile lines are very consistent and sharp. Are you using the reverse application method?
I love the length and shape it really suits your models hands. The white pink proportions are spot on. Beautiful shine on there too...or is it a gel topcoat ;)
One little nit picky thing though in this photo (and it may be the angle) the pinky nail in the forefront looks a less rounded shape than all the rest.

same thought as izzi on the pinky, could just be camera angle thou?
watch your side walls, one or two they could be a little more stream line on the hips iykwim?
try get that cuticle area on that index finger nice a thin (saying that sometimes they way the light bounces when u take a pic makes it look like theres something there when its not so forgiveme if its the light/angle as im not 100% on a second look!), beautiful smile lines nice and consistant and great shine! love the old cover pink look one of my favs! well done chick u did great :D

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

That pinky, is actually the shape I was trying to achieve on all of them. One thing I've been criticized on , is that I file away my lower arches. And I'm sort of unsure if when doing a round shape, should the arch come straight out, and then round, as with that one pinkie nail? Or are the others more correct?

I did the reverse method with these. I am trying to work the traditional way, but so far it's not as consistent, so I'm using the pink as a guide. But I did not slop white over the pink iykwim LOL

I do see that one index finger the cuticle zone. That's the thing about cover powders, there less forgiving in that area. Nor are pictures for that matter

Yes, it is a gel topcoat. :wink2: I only had an hour to do these, and the nails she had on were a sight. We were really pleased!

Thanks for your comments. P.S. not a chick:D

The nails look really lovely, I am now inspired to practice my smile lines once again as I have avoided doing them for a while now. How long have you been practicing them ?

The nails look really lovely, I am now inspired to practice my smile lines once again as I have avoided doing them for a while now. How long have you been practicing them ?

Thank you! I've been practicing them forever LOL

You have done well, you should be proud of yourself. Smile lines are not easy to master.

Speaking of the pinkie on the models right hand, I LOVE it, I think the length is exact, the P to W ratio is right and the over all shape is lovely incl the free edge shape.
I will agree that it is a tad more square than the others but hey, you have done a great job regardless:)

Hey fella, good to see another Male tech

That pinky, is actually the shape I was trying to achieve on all of them. One thing I've been criticized on , is that I file away my lower arches. And I'm sort of unsure if when doing a round shape, should the arch come straight out, and then round, as with that one pinkie nail? Or are the others more correct?

The reason this one looks good is primarily the placement of the smile line. It sits right at the tip of the finger (middle of smile) and then has a deep smile back up to where the sidwall meets the skin fold. Good design.

New techs have a bad habit of dragging and rolling the file under the sidewall when trying to shape. This effectively removes any lower archand gives the slight bulge at the 'hip' look. On the pinky, you have kept a straight sidewall (and as it's longer than the rest) it has kept the lower arch with a gentle downward curve.

If you looked at this nail side on, the apex would have a nice parrallell with the lower arch.
I did the reverse method with these. I am trying to work the traditional way, but so far it's not as consistent, so I'm using the pink as a guide. But I did not slop white over the pink iykwim LOL
Reverse will help give you a sharp smile line, but doing white first can be better... As you are using a coverage (camoflage) pink, you can put the smile line where YOU want it to be, it does NOT have to be where their natural smile would start/stop...

Personally, I think the cover blend pink is a bit stark, something less orange would have been more complimentary to the skin tone...

Keep working like this and you will go far

If you looked at this nail side on, the apex would have a nice parrallell with the lower arch.

That must be what I couldn't quite put my finger on. But I knew I loved that nail the most, as soon as I saw the picture!

Keep working like this and you will go far
:o Thank you so much!!

Latest posts

Back