Plea to Mrs Geek....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planet-Nails

Reaction score
Oh Mrs Wonderfull Geek!

Pretty please could you send one of your very nice emails (i've had one in the past and i was scared!) to a very nice, polite and courteous ebayer.

This absolutley delightful person is selling "Creative???" Acrylic powder on good old ebay under auction 5533645881

I very politley emailed the seller asking about this as i had not seen the powder before (picture is a bit iffy) asking if it was a CND product as advertised and got a torrant of abuse back in email format!!

Reading the latest feedback seems this is not a one off!

One for legal?

have just had a look at the items and it says the nail acrylic powder is NSI. i have copied the description from the ebay seller

''

Be creative

creative Nail tech beauty salon

NAIL ACRYLIC POWDER by NSI - Speed Fast Setting, PINK COLOUR

Professional and self levelling .25oz tub (used once)

used for Acrylic nail enhancement system.. Easy to use.

Ideal for use for Nail Tech, or Beauty Therapist. or for those who just love to look do nails.

Easy to use.''

nicola

HI Taz - I haven't gone off on a tirade just yet:smack: what I have said is very simple...

'why have you mention Creative when the item you are selling is NSI??' Lets see what the answer is!

Mrs Geek said:
HI Taz - I haven't gone off on a tirade just yet:smack: what I have said is very simple...

'why have you mention Creative when the item you are selling is NSI??' Lets see what the answer is!

and the reply I received is...

'creative is an adjective and not got a capital letter as in a name of any particular product. it clearly states NSI product anyway'

sooooo....there we have it; I haven't replied!

there are regularly items listed on Ebay described such as the above "creative nail tech" etc. then the item is listed as Star Nails Product, NSI Product, Jo Bloggs does nails product etc. etc.

I think these people just use the name to get people interested and as we all know the general public will see the word creative and think it is THE CREATIVE LOL.

Alot of people do this on ebay. You all must of seen eg. opi nail envy not nsi not creative and another one is designer clothes someone will be selling just a normal pair of high st jeans and put not levi not phat farm not evisu, this is so when people type in the makes eg creative theirs will pop up too. Bit of a sly way of doing it and it is very annoying as you expext your search to bring up just what you typed in but this is not allways the case.

creative is an adjective has no capital letter in my auction is not the brand name. have you never heard of a creative nail technician. it clearly states NSI as the product and there is also a photo for verification. Hundreds of other listings use the word creative as an adjective also which are not just Creative brand names. Try having a go at them. Why do the Company Creative Nail Design think they own the word ? creative as a word and adjective of description was around long before they were and is in my dictionary... where they got it from.
Sorry - originally posted the first two lines 'til I realised there was more...here is my response!

Is there really need for a complete tirade on Creative Nail Design? I am full aware of what is happening on EBay! People like you wish to sell professional products to the unprofessional – anything for a buck huh? You can wrap it up anyway you want to make yourself feel better about it but at the end of the day – you’ll sell that NSI powder to whoever offers you the most money – professional or not! It will be a riot to see how they try to create nails with powder only….

One more thing…to quote you ‘have you never heard of a creative nail technician’ – yes as a matter of fact I have – there are about 50,000 creative nail technicians world wide using the brand - the word ‘creative’ with or with out a capitol – within the nail industry represents one thing…Creative Nail Design - professionalism, great products, great branding, the best education – that’s why you use the word, because you think it will help you sell the product more quickly!

The reason our industry is inhibited from moving forward as quickly as it should is totally down to people like you who want to make a fast buck by selling pro products to who ever! Enough said…

here here Mrs Geek! wouldn't wanna upset you!! LOL!

Well at least you got a polite reply Mrs G!

Mine was unprintable!!

Latest posts

Back