please can i vent anger about ex boss?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzwee

Ice Hockey Geek
Reaction score
GOD I'M SO MAD!!

I left my old salon over a month ago now to start up by myself. My boss was horrible, 3 others have left since me so it shows how good he is. I havent recieved a P45 from him, so i went to the tax office to check things out (3 weeks ago) and he hasnt registered any of us as working there or paid any tax or NI! apparently this isnt rare for small businesses as most pay and register at the end of the tax year (so the bloke at the tax office said). I went straight to my old salon to request a P45 which my nasty boss said yeah yeah thats fine, i'll post it to you. So i've waited and waited for 3 weeks. Spoke to a hairdresser that left after me and shes already got her p45 a week ago!

so i went down to the salon today.... he ignored me for 30mins (prob knowing full well why i was there) when i asked for my p45 he said he hasnt filled it out yet ( prob doesnt have a clue how much he has paid me) and that he would do it and send it to me... To this i said you said that 3 weeks ago.... he said, i didnt know your address so write it down and i will send it .... not happy with that i said...why didnt you call me for my address.... and do u know what he said!!!! well if you'd have given me the cost of the telephone call i would have!!! i'm sorry but am i going mad in thinking that this is ridiculas! I laughed and said and telephone calls are that expensive are they?! ( was quite sarcastic at this point) he said yes and walked off!! i called after him... I'll be back tomorrow for my p45!

I've been told by my accountant that I really need it as it'll show i've been paying tax, unfortunately my boss didnt give out payslips! well got 3 out of 6 months!

So annoyed, i hate hate hate him

thanks for letting me vent, sorry its so long :sad:

What a JERK! And he's so totally doing that to piss you off!!! You're way better off out of there, great decision for sure!

Watch out here - our friend works for a full business and the owner has been fiddling him for 11 years - he has only paid a minute amount to his tax and NI and so when our friend retires, he will be on reduced pension - not to mention when he tried to remortgage, they came back onto him and told him that the income he SAID he was getting does not tally with the IR or something....

... the business owner is laughing all the way to the bank - it costs small business' alot paying someones full Class 1 Stamp - we've just been stung by an arsehole we had working for us, who was getting some tax credits or something that said he could only earn abuot £8 a week before getting taxed... whereas everyone else could earn up to £108 (roughly, I think). We're having loads of trouble with the Inland Revenue too as our tax return is due in Jan and we have no paperwork for our staff thanks to accountant leaving us in right mess.

I wouldn't be so bothered if the guy was a good member of staff and an asset to the company, but he was a loser who took advantage of his lack of supervision in a big way.

I am not up for causing trouble for your employer, but he is treating you badly so you want to get it looked into properly. He doesn't hink much of you, to treat you the way he does.. so why should you treat him any better?

I hope you get this sorted

Thanks.... i'm gonna go down there tomorrow and sit in reception and not leave until i've got my p45! i'll show him whos boss! or i'll get my mate to go down there....6ft 3 full of muscle! ha ha

I dont get why people do it though, selfish gits

Contact ACAS they will sort him out.
XX

My daughter had same sort of problems when she left work,took them ages to get their backside in gear.Said I would go down myself if they didn't move it.Obnoxious sods.

Hun, do it! go and sit there dont leave until he gives you P45:twisted:

I had a horrible boss at my last job, I went mad in my last week, slammed his office door so hard it came off its hinges, the pictures on the other side of his wall fell off, one into a glass display cabinet smashing everything, lots of other things happened in that week, he just made me loose my mind!

Don't do it this way though, please!!!!

I think ACAS is a good idea, the problem with going down there again is that he could call the police and say you are harrassing / stalking him and then you look like the bad guy. Also when I finished at one place and they didn't give me a p45 I just filled in my details on a p46 and the new place sorted it out.
ACAS just apeals to me because if he's fiddeling his books he will get in loads of trouble and you wont have to do anything to get him there.

I think ACAS is a good idea, the problem with going down there again is that he could call the police and say you are harrassing / stalking him and then you look like the bad guy. Also when I finished at one place and they didn't give me a p45 I just filled in my details on a p46 and the new place sorted it out.
ACAS just apeals to me because if he's fiddeling his books he will get in loads of trouble and you wont have to do anything to get him there.

i will try them if i cant get my p45 tom. i only really need it where i've gone self employed.. at the end of tax year i have to declare everything and they need to see p45 for proof of previous earnings... i think anyway..

Thanks everyone that has replied.. feeling better about the situation now

Turn it round and smile - Maybe he was annoyed at you leaving as you were so good at your job!.. Pity him hun!! Git.

Latest posts

Back