Please Help - Advise re e-shots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Im about to embark on a new venture and am struggling to send all my contacts in my email account in one go. Im trying to send a eshot and have over 700 addresses to send to.

I am looking to send all emails in one go instead of seperatley and I am also trying to get it so all the email addresses are not visable to everyone else.

I also do not want to pay anyone to do it I want to be able to have full control of it through my own pc.

Do any of you out there know either of a programme or a way of doing this as I have been searching to find out and its frustrating me that I cant do it how I want.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Many thanks in advance !!!

Tracey, I would be careful about doing this as there are rules about sending out "spam".

You need to make sure that everyone in your address book would be in agreement with you sending mail to them in this way.

I did it once and was told this.

Thanks Fiona

I will try and see if I can find anymore information on this.

:hug:

Good idea Kate :)

I know Mozilla Thunderbird will let you BCC people.

Eventually I'll have something for sending out messages to people using JavaMail, but not any time soon, as I am ridiculously mental in the office at the moment!

Eventually I'll have something for sending out messages to people using JavaMail, but not any time soon, as I am ridiculously mental in the office at the moment!

you are so bloody selfish ruth!!! lol. :hug:

you are so bloody selfish ruth!!! lol. :hug:

LOL Kate :)

I already use JavaMail for my guinea pig site, and also for the "contact forms" on some of the sites I've designed for people.

This would be a bit more complicated though, as it would require maintaining a list of email addresses, and also whether people are happy to receive emails with offers in or not...

Alas I'm most likely going to be working silly hours for the next few days in the office though (we have a deadline looming and I am still fixing bugs in the code)!

I use something called RatePoint through 1&1 which allows people to join your mailing list and then you can send out newsletters etc. I think basically you need to ask them first if they would like to be sent information.

Latest posts

Back